What It's Like To Date You, According To Your Zodiac Sign
Astrology has become an essential tool for this generation. The zodiac signs are like a new ancient language that is making a comeback to offer ways self-discovery and self-improvement. Why am I like this? Why did I get mad about that? When it comes to love, which is one of the top concerns the zodiac signs are here for, what can they say about what it’s like to date you?
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
Pros: You make the first move, doesn’t matter if you’re a girl or guy.
Cons: If it’s not a love-at-first-sight kind of love, you don’t want it – but that’s not realistic.
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
Pros: You’re a great cuddle buddy, to say the least.
Cons: Your initial attraction is usually based on just the physical, but it’s important to look beyond that to get the real sense of connection.
Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
Pros: You’re an engaging conversationalist that listens to the other person. You will really get to know them over long, deep talks, and they’ll get to know you.
Cons: Sometimes, love is better felt than said, too.
Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
Pros: You bring out the lambing in everyone.
Cons: You tend to confuse this natural affection that you draw out of people for love. You’re in a constant cycle of being heartbroken and falling in love.
Leo (July 23 – August 22)
Pros: You’re just doing you. You live your best life, you get a lot of attention, and it’s inspiring to be around you.
Cons: It’s hard to approach you because you’re intimidating, but it’s also not your style to pursue anyone so… sinong maga-adjust?
Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Pros: You know how to have your life together and make things work.
Cons: You think everything has to go according to plan, or it’s not “meant to be.”
Libra (September 23 – October 22)
Pros: You try to get both sides of a story all the time – and really give yourself time to get to know the other person. You’re fair and great at resolving conflict.
Cons: Resolving conflict within yourself is another story. You can get stuck in analysis-paralysis and end up not making a move at all.
Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
Pros: Your mystery is sexy.
Cons: You just want to be figured out so bad. It’s so hard for you to open up and you’re waiting for someone who is patient enough to get to know you through your moods.
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
Pros: You live an exciting, fast-paced life. You chase the butterflies. You know how to be romantic.
Cons: After the honeymoon phase, what’s next? You tend to step away and start all over again when the real work has to be done.
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
Pros: It takes you a while to warm up to love interests, but you’re devoted and loyal when you know you’re in safe hands.
Cons: Love is a scary thing, so it takes a lot for you to get to that feeling of security.
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
Pros: You are all about the new world! And you want to build it with someone special.
Cons: You could take self-love to a different level and choose to be alone because you’re afraid to take a chance on others.
Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
Pros: You are a hopeless romantic. You know how to make the other person swoon.
Cons: You are a hopeless romantic. Sometimes you’re living in a completely different time and dimension.
Candy Bulletin is finally here! If you're an aspiring writer, vlogger, artist, or kahit marami ka lang talagang time, submit your entries here and make your mark in the Candy community! Share your feels, show your skills. Don't worry—we won't judge. ;)
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
"Today, I Won"
I always caught feelings for someone, and hoped so much that one day there could a thing between the two of us. I'm usually the one that makes the effort to buy and/or make cute gifts, chats them every other day, and stays up all night with him.
When I was 16, my childhood crush suddenly came back into my life. We'd constantly send updates to each other, recommend favorite songs and talk even the most random things. He'd even text me as early as 6 to just greet me good morning almost everyday. I hoped so much that when I confessed, he suddenly stopped talking to me.
For short, he ghosted me. Those 6 months I spent talking to him, allotting my time for him, and staying up until 3 am for him - all gone in a simple confession. Although I had a few crushes before him, he's the only one that got me in real pain. It was the kind of pain that I never thought I'd experience. It was the kind of pain that I couldn't believe.
After 7 years (it happened back in 2017), I thought he came back into my life to stay, but I guess he's just one of the guys who distanced. I felt a complete loser that time. But during this quarantine, everything was different. I caught feelings for someone else, but he treated me with the best kindness yet.
It happened at 2 am, May 30, 2020, when I impulsively confessed my feelings through messaging him. After saying my feelings, he responded with genuine and kind words. We both even complimented each other. Although the feelings didn't reciprocate, I still found a connection that can't be replaced with any guy.
To my 16 year old self, here I am, 18 and happy. You may have felt that time was the biggest regret and loss, but I'm here to tell you, we won. Today, I won.
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.