VMAs = Very Memorable Awards Show
- While Taylor Swift was accepting her award for the Best Female Video for "You Belong With Me," Kanye West suddenly ran onstage, got the microphone, and said that Beyoncè deserves the award for her video, "Single Ladies." He immediately apologized in his blog and admitted his fault.
- As Beyonc&eagrave; receives her award for the Video of the Year for "Single Ladies," she calls for Taylor Swift to join her on stage and have her moment. Taylor was touched by the gesture and said "I thought I couldn't love Beyoncè more tonight, then tonight happened and it was just wonderful." Such a sweetie!
- Material Girl Madonna pays tribute to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, by giving a speech about their friendship. She said that she wrote her speech from the heart and took her the whole week to finish it.
- Janet Jackson kicked off the Awards Night by paying tribute to her late brother as she performs her collaborated song with the King of Pop, "Scream." The performance was well coordinated with MJ and Janet danced at the same time—MJ on screen and Janet onstage.
- The fabulous nine-time-nominated singer, Lady GaGa won a total of 3 awards: Best New Artist for "Poker Face," Best Art Direction and Best Special Effects for "Paparazzi." She truly showed her crazy side when blood started to drip from her ribcage while she was performing on stage! Her 6 wardrobe changes during the entire night truly made her the star of the night.