It's the perfect time to set up tables in your garden and go barefoot in the grass. You can even play some games while waiting for the food to cook and dance to your favorite tunes.
- Nacho platter
- Mini cheeseburgers
- Corn on the cob (can be bought from the grocery)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Fruit shakes
Try this recipe for a surefire party hit!
Barbecued Pork Ribs
1 kilo pork ribs
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups ketchup
2 tsps. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsps. fresh calamansi juice
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsps. dijon mustard
1/4 cup oil
2 tsps. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
- Rub pork ribs with garlic.
- In a container, mix all ingredients for barbecue marinade.
- Marinate overnight. Afterward, wrap ribs in foil along with half of marinade. Grill. When half-cooked, remove ribs from foil and grill open until cooked to desired doneness, basting continuously with the marinade to keep from getting dry.
- Chop ribs and serve with corn and extra barbecue sauce.
The outdoor setting is the perfect venue to play these games:
Go to Divisoria, buy trinkets, and put them inside plastic eggs (or create your own alternative). Make sure you have more than enough for everybody. Ask someone to hide the items and start hunting when given the go signal. After the game, everyone gets a souvenir or two from this memorable barbecue!
Instead of the usual kiddie calamansi relay race, make it extra difficult (and all the more fun!) by including more tasks to complete one round. Include balloon bursting, polvoron eating, crawling under a desk, jumping over a high string, and any other fun ideas you may have to ensure a great time.