Netizen Shares How She Was Able To Get Prepaid WiFi During The Quarantine
Not everyone is blessed with a stable internet connection. And it’s such a drawback especially if you rely on your wifi to catch up on online classes, get in touch with family and friends, and stay updated with the latest news. Luckily, one netizen recently shared her experience on scoring prepaid wifi during the enhanced community quarantine.
According to Alyanna Maliwanag, applying for prepaid WiFi is easy because you don’t have to sign up for an account. But one tip she has is to make sure that the mobile data reception in your area is good. This is backed by many posts on social media groups where many claim the best brand to choose is whichever has the best signal specific to your area. For Alyanna, she chose to go with a Globe At Home package.
To be able to do your own research, we suggest you try and join a Facebook group of your homeowner's association, condominium admin page, or your village chat group. It always helps to get the opinion of neighbors who have gotten packages before you.
Then, you just need to go to the website and place your order. Setting it up isn’t complicated because there are no cable installations required. However, you should find a good spot for it to get a good signal. For payment terms, Alyanna shares she prefers to pay via cash on delivery since given the circumstances, there is no assurance as to when the order will be processed.
Patience is required because it took around three weeks before a Globe representative got in touch with Alyanna for her Globe At Home package. Over the phone, a Globe rep double-checked her order details. She says, “I-checheck daw nila sa distributor na sakop [sa area namin] kung may stock at makakadeliver.” (Alyanna and her family are based in Cavite.)
The next day, Globe confirmed they would be able to deliver within five working days. But to Alyanna’s surprise, the prepaid WiFi arrived the following day.
Owning a prepaid WiFi seems like a good temporary internet fix during these trying times. “Yung unit pwede mo rin ibenta after tsaka portable siya so if need namin magtravel locally madadala namin siya. Good deal na din for us yun,” Alyanna shares. They can also track their data consumption using the Globe At Home app.
Looking to apply for your own prepaid wifi package? Here are some plans you can choose from:
Globe At Home Prepaid WiFi
HomeSURF15 (valid for 1 day, 1GB data)
HomeSURF199* (valid for 7 days, 30GB data, 1GB of YouTube daily)
HomeSURF599 (valid for 15 days, 40GB data, 1GB of YouTube daily)
HomeSURF999 (valid for 30 days, 70GB data, 1GB of YouTube daily)
HomeSURF1499 (valid for 30 days, 100GB data, 1GB of YouTube daily)
*promo comes with 23GB open access data and 7GB of YouTube, available for a limited time only
HomeWATCH199 (valid for 7 days, 6GB data, 4GB of videos daily)
HomeWATCH599 (valid for 15 days, 15GB data, 4GB of videos daily)
HomeWATCH999 (valid for 30 days, 20GB data, 4GB of videos daily)
HomeWATCH1499 (valid for 30 days, 80GB data, 4GB of videos daily)
HomeWATCH plans offer free YouTube, Netflix, iWant, iflix, HOOQ, TikTok, and NBA.
PLDT Home WiFi (Powered by Smart LTE)
FamLoad15 (valid for 1 day and can be an add-on to higher FamLoad plans, 1GB data)
FamLoad50 (valid for 3 days, 3GB data)
FamLoad199 (valid for 7 days, 24GB data)
FamLoad599 (valid for 15 days, 80GB data)
FamLoad999 (valid for 30days, 130GB data*)
FamLoad1499 (valid for 30days, 200GB data*)
*additional GB available for a limited time only
Got thoughts and tips to share with the community? Send them over at Candy Bulletin!
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
"Today, I Won"
I always caught feelings for someone, and hoped so much that one day there could a thing between the two of us. I'm usually the one that makes the effort to buy and/or make cute gifts, chats them every other day, and stays up all night with him.
When I was 16, my childhood crush suddenly came back into my life. We'd constantly send updates to each other, recommend favorite songs and talk even the most random things. He'd even text me as early as 6 to just greet me good morning almost everyday. I hoped so much that when I confessed, he suddenly stopped talking to me.
For short, he ghosted me. Those 6 months I spent talking to him, allotting my time for him, and staying up until 3 am for him - all gone in a simple confession. Although I had a few crushes before him, he's the only one that got me in real pain. It was the kind of pain that I never thought I'd experience. It was the kind of pain that I couldn't believe.
After 7 years (it happened back in 2017), I thought he came back into my life to stay, but I guess he's just one of the guys who distanced. I felt a complete loser that time. But during this quarantine, everything was different. I caught feelings for someone else, but he treated me with the best kindness yet.
It happened at 2 am, May 30, 2020, when I impulsively confessed my feelings through messaging him. After saying my feelings, he responded with genuine and kind words. We both even complimented each other. Although the feelings didn't reciprocate, I still found a connection that can't be replaced with any guy.
To my 16 year old self, here I am, 18 and happy. You may have felt that time was the biggest regret and loss, but I'm here to tell you, we won. Today, I won.
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.