ICYMI: The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University rankings for 2023 are finally out! Released on Tuesday, November 8, the rankings covered a total of 757 universities all across Asia.
While the University of the Philippines secured the top spot once again for the Philippines, it fell 10 notches below its previous ranking at 87th place. Despite this, UP still continues to be the only Philippine school in the lineup's top 100 spots.
The next top-notchers, Ateneo de Manila University and De La Salle University, also slipped a few spots lower from 2022 rankings at 134th place and 171st place, respectively. Meanwhile, University of Santo Tomas took the 175th spot and ranked two levels higher than the past list.
Beyond these four schools, more than 10 other Philippine universities were included in the rankings:
- Ateneo de Davao University (551-600)
- Mapua University (551-600)
- Silliman University (551-600)
- Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (601-650)
- Saint Louis University (651-700)
- Xavier University (651-700)
- Adamson University (701-750)
- The Cebu Technological University (701-750)
- Central Luzon State University (701-750)
- Central Mindanao University (701-750)
- Central Philippine University (701-750)
- Lyceum University of the Philippines (701-750)
China's Peking University placed first among all Asian universities with a flawless score of 100, while National University of Singapore dropped to the second spot.
According to QS, their evaluations were based on 11 different indicators: Academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student ratio, international research network, citations per paper, papers per faculty, staff with PhD, proportion of international faculty and international students, and proportion of inbound exchange students and outbound exchange students.
See the full list here.