You will need a QR Code from La Union's proprietary contact-tracing platform NAPANAM to enter the province. Here's how you can secure one.
1. Fill up the registration form at the NAPANAM website
2. Make sure the birth date and mobile number you registered match to avoid inconvenience
3. Retrieve your QR Code, also from the NAPANAM website
4. Activate your QR Code by presenting your government ID at scanning points along the provincial border. You can also request for activation via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the NAPANAM Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/napanam.elyu/)
Napanam means "where have you been?" in the dialect. For now, only tourists from Region 1 and Baguio City are allowed entry in La Union.
Other things you need to know:
Wearing of face masks plus shields is required in the whole province of La Union. Physical distancing, frequent hand disinfection, and cough etiquette are also mandatory.
If you're from a high-risk level area—GCQ or higher quarantine classification—you'll be required to present a negative RT-PCR test issued within the last 7 days.
Only RT-PCR test results will be accepted. Rapid tests and antigen tests will not be honored.
Much like everywhere else in the country, travelers need to submit themselves to a clinical assessment at border control points. Medical personnel onsite will check temperatures and possible symptoms.
Those who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms will be confined for testing, isolation, treatment, and monitoring.
MORE ON TOURISM:
This story originally appeared on Reportr.world.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.