How To Rock Your Staycation
Starting to get a cabin fever? Don't fret! Master the art of boredom and tick off these items from our list. Sit back and relax with the people you’re closest with and turn your summer break into the best staycation!
With your pesky little sister and obnoxious kuya a.k.a. your lifetime partners-in-crime:
- Earn some extra moolah this summer by putting up a food stall in front of your house. Be a sure sell-out with a halo-halo stand!
- Make your mom proud by putting your teamwork to test through general cleaning.
- Turn your backyard into a campsite. All you need is a tent, some sleeping bags, sandwiches packed in Ziploc bags and voila— a makeshift camp-out with your siblings! (A bonfire may not be a good idea.)
With your good ol' folks:
- Host your weekend clan dinners by throwing a barbeque party with your mom and dad. Make sure to invite all your titos, titas and cousins to this potluck!
- Bond over a “common interest” with your parents—answer the daily crossword puzzle with your dad and water the orchids with your mom. P.S. At least try to look like you’re having fun.
- Ask your dad to bring out his tool box because you’re in for a mini Extreme Makeover! Get DIY home décor ideas from Pinterest and bring out the handy woman in you.
With your knight in shining armor.
- Ditch the movie dates for a lazy afternoon with your guy. Ask your boyfriend to just come over (with your parents’ permission, of course) and bring some DVDs and popcorn.
- Who says you have to spend a fortune for a romantic dinner? Relive your favourite chick flick and plan a candlelight balcony dinner.
- It’s time to commune with nature and whiff some fresh air! Bring out those old bikes from the dusty garage for a corny bike marathon around your village.
With your BFFs:
- No more allowance left for that barkada beach trip? Do a closet inventory and take your ratty old clothes, bags and shoes. Organize a rummage sale in your village with your friends and raise a good amount for a BFF blow-out!
- Turn your living room into a yoga studio. You will just need mats and instructional videos to set this up. You may also try aerobic dance, pilates or zumba. Perfect exercises for that beach outing, don’t you think?
- Forget Face Time and Skype and call your friends using the landline! It’s how kids did it in the old days—telebabad until the wee hours of the morning.
- Update your book list and indulge on a reading binge. Search goodreads.com for some interesting reads you can finish in one sitting.
- Learn something new. You don’t have to attend baking classes to learn how to make those scrumptious red velvet cupcakes. Just Google it and experiment!
- SLEEP. ALL. DAY.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Hi! It's been so long since I planned to post my story in another platform aside from wattpad and now here I am, hoping that my story can be featured here.
My story is entitle "Who Are You," it's a tagalog-english teen fiction story so I hope, those filipinos who visit here can read my story!
WHO ARE YOU: PRELUDE
Sinungaling na ba ako kung sasabihin ko sa inyo ang pangalan ko? Hindi ako sure kung anong sasabihin kong pangalan ko pero may nagsasabi sa aking wag nalang magpakilala sa inyo.
May gusto lang naman akong itanong... Paano kung may makilala ka sa kasalukuyan na nagpapaalala sayo sa nakaraan? Anong gagawin mo kung ang nakilala mo sa kasalukuyan ay may tinatago pa lang sikreto na kahit siya mismo ay walang alam pero may kinalaman sa iyong nakaraan? Anong gagawin mo kung ang dalawang ito ay may koneksyon? Anong pipiliin mo? Ang nakilala mo sa nakaraan? O ang nagpakilala bilang ibang tao sa kasalukuyan? Past? Or Present?
There was this guy I dated for a while but things didn't turn out well. I was so into him that one night I can't stop thinking about him, I've decided to send his MOM a message on facebook confessing how much I like her son. I wish it ended there but no. I had to make it so emotional, lengthy and detailed like the drama queen I am. Luckily, it went to message request so I'm hoping she hasn't really read it yet. Up until this day it makes me cringe whenever I think about it but hey, whenever it pops in my mind I make myself laugh too so thank you self for being unbelievably shameless and brave when it comes to love. I may age faster because I have made a lot of cringe-worthy moments that I constantly make faces out of embarrassment just reflecting on my antics but I know I've made more hilarious memories than what ifs and somehow that makes the disappointments feel more like assurances that I have gave it my all and I have lived as honest (maybe a little to honest) as I could. #ItsOnlyNatural #CanBnatural
I've been investing in arts, photography, and writing. I've also got back to reading the other day and I finished reading this amazing book entitled 300 Things I Hope by Iain S. Thomas. It is all about the things the author hopes his readers to do in all aspects of life. So, I decided to make a version of it with all of the things I'm hoping for.
I hope I get to see my friends be successful in life. I hope to make a big mural someday. I hope to be a well-known artist like the artists I look up to. I hope to marry the person I am in love with today. I hope to be a little kinder to myself. I hope to see happiness even in the smallest things. I hope to travel the world. I hope to be a good mother and a wife to my future family. I hope to have my artworks displayed in a gallery or an exhibit. I hope to learn more about creative writing. I hope I won't learn how to get tired and give up my passion. I hope I won't get too hard on myself whenever I don't get the results I've been wanting to see in my works. I hope to love myself more even on the days I hate it the most. I hope to lead and empower women; to be their voice and for them to believe in themselves that they can be the woman they look up to. And when I've reached my limit of these things, I hope I won't get tired of reminding myself that my emotions don't make me weak, hence, makes me stronger. These are some of the things I always hope for. What about you? What are you hoping for?
I started fixing myself this quarantine. I mean, I started trying makeup products. As a teen, I'm on my phone almost every hour of the day, scroll on my social media accounts, especially Instagram, and also Pinterest where you get to see nice and pleasing photography by bunch of amazing and beautiful people from different parts of the world. So I started taking my own as well. I did not know that taking your own photo and try to get an Instagramable one is sooooooooo hard, it's exhausting. I do not have alot of space in my room, and I would definitely not do it outside our house because of Corona Virus, and I don't want to be seen by our neighbors HAHA so I have no choice but to make tiis inside my room.
Out of atleast 25 shots, only 2 are a nice picture. While I'm all sweaty and tired, I am proud of what I could do beyond my comfort zone. And this definitely built my self confidence, (and I secret love the compliments I received from both people I know and don't know) It's not my first time visiting in here, Candy! But I'm new to writing my thoughts and experiences, so bare with me HAHA.
Until next time!