• You always miss your deadlines and forget what you’re supposed to do.
• You find it difficult to solve simple equations and logic problems.
• You have a hard time concentrating on lectures and assignments.
- Increasing your brainpower is all about improving your time management skills. Make a list of all the things you have to do and post reminders for yourself so that you won’t forget anything.
- Engage your friends in an informal debate. Discuss what you read about in the news. Don’t be intimidated if you don’t know a lot about the topic and don’t be afraid to ask questions and voice out your opinions.
- Instead of tuning in to MTV, watch CNN or the Discovery Channel.
- Instead of reading romance novels, read National Geographic. You might just learn a thing or two about world affairs and ancient cultures!
- Challenge your friends to an afternoon of gathering evidence and solving crimes with the C.S.I. board game, based on the popular TV show.
- The plot twists of the mysterious French film A Very Long Engagement, (starring Audrey Tautou), and the intellectual discussions of Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy in Before Sunset will keep your brain alert.
- Sharpen your mind with Mensa’s Mighty Mind Boosters. These synapse-frying logic puzzles are the equivalent of 100 push-ups for your brain muscles!