Masungi Georeserve is known for its buwis-buhay-but-worth-it treks so it's no wonder that pros and noobs alike flock to Rizal for this experience. Just recently Masungi Georeserve posted on its Facebook page that they're soft launching the discovery trail at night! How cool is that?
Here's what we know so far:
- The night trek will start at 5 pm.
- The trek lasts for 3-5 hours in total, depending on the group's preference.
- Only 7-10 persons are allowed per group.
- In an attempt to make up for the view during the day time, there are subtle light executions on various key stops.
- There will be a campfire mid-trail where complimentary homemade sausages, native corn, and vegetables on sticks will be served along with tea made of local leaves.
- Night lights will only be allowed in certain spots inside the Georeserve.
- For now, the available slots are on all weekends of August until September 3.
Feeis P1,800 per guest.
If you're worried about disrupting the ecosystem at night, don't fret as the trek organizers already took this into consideration. "The night trail was created in extreme sensitivity to nocturnal ecosystem inside the Georeserve... No parrots, owls, and civet cats shall be disturbed in the course of the night trail," they said on their post.
What other destinations would you like us to write about? Feel free to share your suggestions in the comments below!