After a tumultuous year, it feels like people are starting to open up to the idea of making big plans and pursuing their dreams again. People are shifting careers, investing in a small business, or simply moving to a different place to explore the unknown. But if *your* dream is studying in South Korea, you could make that come true through the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS), a scholarship program by Korea's National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED). This program "will provide 125 students from 67 countries with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for bachelor-level degrees to promote international exchange in education and to deepen the mutual friendship among countries."
In fact, 39 Filipinos were accepted as scholars in 2021. The first batch of scholars successfully flew to South Korea just last August. Applications for 2022 opened up on Friday, September 17, and two Filipinos are expected to be granted scholarships for their undergraduate programs. The deadline is on Thursday, October 7—no later than 4:00 p.m.
So what will the scholarship cover? Round-trip airfare tickets, monthly stipend, tuition fees, settlement allowance, scholarship completion grants, Korean language training expenses, and medical insurance.
2022 Global Korea Scholarship document reminders:
- Applicants must submit a total of two envelopes only: One envelope for the original documents and one envelope for the three photocopied sets.
- All documents must be A4 sized.
- Recommendation letters must be sealed and signed by the recommender.
- Applicants may submit an official high school graduation certificate (or diploma) or associate degree certificate (or diploma). Applicants who are expected to graduate must submit an official certificate of expected graduation that indicates the month/date of graduation.
- Application documents must be submitted in the order of the Application Checklist on the first page of the application forms. Each required document must be numbered and labeled on the top right corner (ex. 9. Proof of Citizenship).
- All submitted documents will not be returned to applicants.
To give you an idea on the process, check out this guide we published on the 2021 GKS program.
For updates and additional information, visit the GKS website and notice board. For general inquiries about the GKS program, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org; for submission and logistical concerns, reach them at email@example.com.
Cosmopolitan Philippines is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Cosmo and your favorite websites!
Follow Ysa on Instagram.
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!