- squid balls
- cooking oil
- food coloring or kitchen condiments like peppers, hot sauce, ketchup, hoision or oyster sauce
- Fry some squid balls in some hot oil. (Ask help from your mom!) Place cooked squid balls on paper towels to get rid of excess oil.
- Use food coloring or kitchen condiments to paint pupils into the squidball eyeballs.
- Mix pepper into hoisin or oyster sauce to make the mixture thick.Use a clean, new paint brush or cotton buds to dollop the black mixture on to the squidball. Add bloody details using ketchup or hot sauce (hot sauce has a more vibrant redness to it).
- Place the eyeballs into a platter of "blood" (ketchup).
- It's best to make a lot of eyeballs and place them together in a big platter. Present this to trick-or-treaters and they'll sure shriek or oooh and ahhh in surprise!