"Crushing" It Online
- Keep your cool. Getting your hopes way, waaaaay up may just lead to disappointment—which we all know is heartbreaking.
- Be a good listener. There's a reason why he’s messaging you, so listen to what he has to say. If he needs advice, willingly give him some.
- Do not assume every girl he talks about is you. Remember: he might just be confiding in you, which isn't actually a bad thing. Some of the greatest love stories start with friendship.
- Light and funny conversations often work... but not always. Find the right time to make jokes, and know when it's time to get serious.
- Laugh like you mean it. Don't have too much fun typing "hahaha" and "hehehe," especially if you're not actually laughing.
- Learn to play the waiting game. After sending a couple of messages, wait for him to answer first before sending him a new one. Nobody wants to get flooded with messages.
- Just be yourself. You don't have to pretend to be someone you’re not to make him like you. If it's meant to be, it will be.
- Don't be a stalker. You may know a lot of things about your crush, but he doesn’t need you to enumerate them to him. You might think it’s impressive that you know those things, but to him it just screams "stalker!"
*Excerpt from 23:11
IMAGE Pop Fiction
23:11 is available in bookstores and Buqo for P195.