Angeles University Foundation is one of the top-performing Catholic universities in the Philippines and the leading school in Angeles, Pampanga. If you’re looking for a highly accredited medical school with an excellent standard of education, it’s best to add AUF to your list of options! The university aims to excel in research and community service to represent its institution in terms of global standards.
History of Angeles University Foundation
In 1962, Augustin P. Angeles, Dr. Barbara Y. Angeles, and his family established the Angeles University Foundation in McArthur Highway. Years later, the Department of Education and Culture and Sports granted the institution higher education status.
The university became a non-stock and non-profit educational foundation after the Angeles family signed a Deed of Donation to renounce their ownership in 1975. Hence, the university was exempted from tax as approved by the government through the Foundation Law.
In 1978, the AUF became the first Catholic institution in Central Luzon after its conversion. The university guaranteed comprehensive growth based on Christian education that is holistic, integrative, and formative, in addition to professional achievement.
AUF is renowned for its world-class quality education. It has produced a lot of faculty graduate degree holders, which proves the school’s prime foundation of research studies. They also had their hospital, AUF Medical Center, inaugurated in 1990. It’s a five-story building with 125 beds. Currently, the hospital is a training ground for researchers and teachers.
Courses AUF is Known For
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) granted the autonomous status of AUF in 2003. Moreover, graduates of AUF have a high passing rate in government-administered licensure exams in both the country and the region. AUF is best known for its medical courses, such as the College of Allied Medical Professions and Nursing. However, they are also outstanding in the Colleges of Engineering, Arts and Sciences, and Education.
How to Apply to the AUF
Planning to submit your applications soon? Here are the prerequisites and procedures you need to be aware of to avoid delays in processing your applications:
For online registration, follow these steps:
- Accomplish the online student registration at https://www.auf.edu.ph/. Scroll down to the quick links menu and click MyAU Live. The page will redirect you to AUF's School Information System (MyAU) portal.
- Comply with the documentary requirements for admissions
For first-year college students, prepare these documents:
- Previous grade level Report Card
- Birth Certificate (PSA or issued by the country of origin)
- Clear and well-defined digital ID Photo on a white background
If you’re a foreign student, take note of the requirements:
- If residing outside the Philippines:
- Passport data and visa pages
- Police Clearance
- For Filipinos born abroad:
- Philippine passport data
- latest arrival stamp page.
- For dual citizens:
- Documentation for Acquisition/ Reacquisition/ Retention of Filipino Citizenship (Approval of Dual Citizenship or Recognition as Filipino)
- For international students coming from other schools in the Philippines:
- Photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)
- For 18 years old and above, a photocopy of your passport page with a stamped student visa (9f) or other valid visas for the study.
- For those below 18 years old, a photocopy of your Special Study Permit is.
For more details, visit the school website here.
How Much Tuition and Other Fees Cost
The tuition fee ranges from P30,866 to 53,089. The school will also collect a miscellaneous fee to be deducted from the tuition at a reduced rate during the online classes, while the original payment will return once it’s face-to-face. There will be a downpayment of P5,000 upon enrollment. Discounts apply if you pay the full tuition on or before the enrollment period or if you’re an alumnus child or a sibling.
Famous Alumni at Angeles University Foundation
Most graduates from AUF are in the medical field, serving as health practitioners in the country. However, many of their alumni are part of the entertainment industry or government. Among the celebrity alumni are Lovi Poe, Joey Marquez, and Sheena Halili. They also have a representative in beauty pageants, Miss Earth Philippines 2003 Laura Marie Dunlap. Furthermore, as the university is known to have political graduates, they have produced alumni who are government officials such as Rafael Yabut and Andres Lacson, including actor-turned-politician Mark Lapid.