5 Different Valid IDs You Need After Grad and How to Apply

The most basic IDs you need for adulting.
by Arianne Merez for reportr.world   |  Jul 12, 2021
Image: Phlpost, Shutterstock
Share This!

In almost all transactions in your adulting journey, you'll need a valid ID. And once you hit 18, it stops becoming your parents' responsibility to remind you when to get or renew one.

Most establishments ask for at least two before processing your requests. Oftentimes, you'll need a valid ID too to get another valid ID.

Here are some of the easiest to acquire primary valid IDs in the Philippines and the requirements for application:

1. Postal ID

Issued by the PHLPost, a postal ID is one of the easiest valid IDs from the government you can apply for.

Here's how you can apply for it:

  • Accomplish two copies of the application form which you can download from the PHLPost website.
  • Present proof of identity. Your birth certificate will do or any other valid ID (if you have another one already.)

2. Philippine Passport

Aside from being a must for traveling abroad, the Philippine passport is a powerful ID you can use when transacting with government offices.


Here's what you need to apply for it:

  • Confirmed online appointment (click here)
  • Accomplished Application Form
  • Original and photocopy of birth certificate
  • Any other valid ID. Click here for the list of acceptable IDs for passport processing
  • Personal appearance
  • P950 processing fee

3. PhilHealth ID

You can get your PhilHealth ID for free once you register as a member.

Featured Video

Here's what you need:

4. Unified Multipurpose ID

Often called UMID card, this ID serves multiple purposes since it can be used to transact with four different agencies: the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund.

UMID cards are free of charge for first-time applicants. For workers in the private sector, SSS is the main agency that issues UMID cards while the GSIS processes applications for government workers.

Here's what you need to apply:

  • Accomplished application form
  • Two valid IDs
  • For SSS members, you need to have paid at least one month of your SSS contribution.

5. National ID

The government has started to roll out this year the registration for the National ID that is expected to centralize and fast-track verification processes.

Click here to find out how to apply.

There are many other primary and secondary valid IDs accepted in the Philippines such as driver's license, PRC license, and voter's ID. The five listed above are only among the ones easiest to apply for.


FYI, Here's Who Can Get Driver's Licenses with a 10-Year Validity

A First Timer’s Guide to Getting Your TIN During the Pandemic

This story originally appeared on Reportr.world.
Reportr is now on Quento. Download the app on iOS and Android or visit the Quento website for more articles and videos from Reportr and your favorite websites.


* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.

#WATCHCANDY: Subscribe to Candy Magazine on YouTube and follow @candymagdotcom on Tiktok for guides to college life and beyond.

Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!

How do you feel about this article?
About the author
Arianne Merez for reportr.world
How do you feel?
Click on your mood to read related stories