- What's your inspiration behind the Christmas album?
Louie: The Christmas season. The idea was proposed by Lakan and everyone agreed since our type is more of "happy" music.
- What's your favorite song from the album?
Lakan: For me, it's "Someday at Christmas" by the Jackson Five. It's about love.
Louie: Mine is "Tuloy na Tuloy pa rin ang Pasko." It's catchy and it's very Pinoy.
- What kind of pressure did you feel when you recorded "Pasko Natin ‘To"?
Louie: Time pressure. We recorded the album for only 15 days. Some songs were arranged on the spot and we didn't have time to practice.
- How is this album different from the previous one?
Louie: The first was more of rock ‘n' roll but now, we mixed other musical elements. Our new album sounds more mature since we tried different instruments like sleigh bells.
Lakan: The band changed as a group. Right now, we've explored the 70's, groove, and black music. It's more of technicality but we're having fun.
- Are any of the original songs dedicated to someone?
Louie: There are two songs composed by Jay Jay. They're dedicated to someone.
- What's the craziest experience you've had with fans?
Louie: We've been mobbed by females, males, and even old men. That was very flattering.
Lakan: We've had instances where the audience threw stuff like beer bottles at us.
- What's the biggest compliment you've ever received from a fan?
Louie: A fan acknowledged we're the only Filipino band who can do Beach Boy covers. It's nice knowing that old people appreciate our music.
- What's the best thing about being part of The Bloomfields?
Louie: Food, accommodations, and connections with lots of people. And the freebies!
Pepe: Tumaba ako!
Rocky: Becoming Candy Cuties! When I was still looking at my sister's Candy magazine, I never expected I'd be one.
- What's next for The Bloomfields?
Louie: We plan to go abroad, make more music and show it through a world tour and gigs. We want to evolve more...
Grab a copy of The Bloomfields' Christmas album, Pasko Natin ‘To. Available at record stores nationwide.