5 Snacks to Load Up On When You're Up Late Finishing a Paper
While it's easy to just pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave or order in fast food for a late night of studying, instead of burning the midnight oil, you'll probably be snoozing even before the clock strikes 12. Apart from a cup of coffee, we list down some snacks to keep stocked when you're faced with an all-nighter.
- Dark Chocolate. The darker the better. You want a really high percentage of cacao because aside from the caffeine kick, cocoa also boosts your energy and helps you focus better.
Try: Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Citrus. The high Vitamin C in citrus fruits give you an energy boost and help keep you awake and alert.
Try: Citrus Cooler
- Salmon. This fatty fish rich in Omega-3 helps in building not just your muscles and other tissues in your body but also your energy.
Try: Salmon Asparagus Yakitori
- Walnuts. These particular nuts have the highest Omega-3 content, which makes it a great energy builder as well.
Try: Walnut and Lemon-Crusted Fish Nuggets
- Steak and Eggs. While a carbohydrate bomb of sugar can give you a quick boost, it can also make you crash quickly right after. Load up on protein to sustain you throughout the night.
Try: Steak and Eggs
What are your favorite dishes to eat when you're pulling an all-nighter? For more delish recipes, don't forget to bookmark Yummy.ph.