Your P1500 Can Afford You a Tour at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
If you've grown tired of beach getaways but aren't too keen on having staycations (and have a limited budget, to boot), then a trip to Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar in Bagac, Bataan is the perfect middleground.
Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is the country's first and only heritage resort by the sea. It sits on 400 hectares of land and has around 27 houses from 18th-century Philippines that were originally from different parts of the country, and were all reconstructed in Bataan.
With the room rates charged at 10,000 per night (that's the cheapest, mind you), going on a day tour is your best bet. It only costs P1,500 and starts as early as 8:30 am. After all, the place is only a three- to four-hour drive from Manila.
And because the internet is the gift that keeps on giving, we're lucky we found a very informative post by travel page Christine Wonders on Facebook, in which she explained in detail all the things you need to know.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Along EDSA, Pasay Rotonda, take the Genesis Bus to Balanga, Bataan.
- Get off at the drop off point of the bus station.
- Ride a jeepney going to Bagac or Morong, Bataan.
- Get off at the Filipino-Japanese Friendship Tower.
- Go to the tricycle station nearby and ask to be taken to Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar (Gate 5 entrance).
- Welcome drink
- Cold towel
- Vicinity map
- One and a half hour guided heritage walking tour
- Entrance fee and use of beach area
- All taxes and service charges
- Visit their website to make a reservation
- Bring an umbrella and water
- Put on sunblock
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Bring extra clothes for swimming
Read her full post and see all her pictures below:
What other places would you like us to feature? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @candymagdotcom!