Being single is a choice, and it's not something girls should be ashamed of. Besides, who cares? You're free, you're available, and you can do just about anything you want! Here are ten things every single girl can totally understand:
1. All your friends want to set you up.
"Girl! Mark has this really cute friend. You two should go out once."
2. First dates can be nerve-racking.
"What should I wear? What if he thinks I'm weird? Should I pay for my food or not?"
3. Your relationship status: Eating
Because who can resist food, right??
4. Your friends in relationships won't stop talking about their relationships.
“Hello! Let's talk about something else, please.”
5. You'll be the third wheel at least once or twice.
…or worse, the fifth.
6. People tell you that you'd be happier if you had a boyfriend.
"I don't need a man to make me happy."
7. People have told you to lower your standards.
"Just to get a boyfriend? Umm. No, thanks."
8. Sometimes you feel unwanted.
Hey, being alone and being lonely are two very different things!
9. Sometimes, you imagine what's really like to have someone.
10. But then you realize you're better off on your own for the meantime.
…because you're a strong and independent woman!
This story originally appeared on Femalenetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.