- Sadly, you're used to having friends leave the country for good.
- With that being said, you definitely have long-distance friendships... and possibly long-distance relationships too.
- You've developed an accent from both friends and teachers at school.
- You're used to people asking about your nationality.
- After every holiday, half your class—including yourself—is jetlagged.
- You've skipped school to visit embassies.
- You vividly remember dressing up for international costume days during primary/elementary school.
- You can say "hello," "thank you," and count to ten in a bunch of languages, thanks to your friends!
- You learned to spell things differently to others (colour, not color!), as well as use completely different words for certain things (biscuit, not cookie!)
- And, you've suffered through IGCSES, Edexcel, IB—or all of the above.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW