This pandemic made us miss a lot of things. With what feels like the whole world on pause, we've got nothing but time to reminisce about the past. *Ehem*
But it's not always about missing people, sometimes, it's also about missing food, especially the ones we didn't get to say goodbye to. Ikaw, aside from the discontinued Kornets, may namimiss ka pa ba?
Check out this thread made by Elvin Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) on Twitter about the snacks that ghosted us in the past. Do you remember any of these?
Maggi Mami Noodles
It comes with superhero or Disney stickers! (That you accidentally cook sometimes LOL)
A THREAD of beloved products that left us without saying goodbye lol.— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
1. Maggi Rich Mami Noodles. Enriched with egg. May vegetable bits. May pa free sticker pa minsan na minsan din ay naluluto accidentally. pic.twitter.com/1u2UNXyhHD
Before Coca Cola, there's Pop Cola.
2. POP COLA - A legitimate challenger to the Coke-Sprite-Royal empire along with Sarsi and Cheers Orange. Tapos biglang naging Coca-Cola na din sya. You're supposed to beat them, not join them! pic.twitter.com/0IRfzHnB5j— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
Nesvita Cereal Milk Drink
It's like the Energen and Quaker Oats Cereal drink, but BETTER.
3. NESVITA - To be fair, nagpaalam siya haha. Breakfast you can drink, sabi ng unang commercial nya. Tapos nireposition na nakaka beautiful daw sabi ni Marian. Original flavor is supreme pero pwede na din yung sweet corn. Bear Brand cereal drink is no match pic.twitter.com/a8JHR65kvV— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
Eaji Dip Snax
The OG *snax* that comes with different dips! It's so good, we wish San Miguel would bring it back.
4. EAJI DIP SNAX. Groundbreaking. Different kinds of chips and different types of dips. Gawa ng San Miguel. So masarap din with beer haha pic.twitter.com/s3Ig4oHhtM— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Gusto Meat Loaf & Sausage
The go-to ulam
5. GUSTO MEAT LOAF & SAUSAGE. Saya ko dati pag di nakapagluto nanay ko tapos sasabihin niya, "Magbukas ka na lang ng meatloaf" pic.twitter.com/055pX64DWs— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
Brown Cow Chocolate Syrup
Like our fave Hershey's chocolate syrup. Perfect for ice creams and milkshakes!
6. BROWN COW. Hindi ko alam kung paano talaga ito kinakain lol. Basta alam ko, laging may ganito sa ref ng mga pinsan naming mayaman. Tapos may fake yata na ganito tapos nilalagay sa skrambol pic.twitter.com/CeegWC38pJ— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
A burger made with rice acting as buns!!! You can choose if you want a burger patty or chicken fillet.
— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
Milo In Tin Cans
Basically, Milo powder but in TIN CANS! This one's better because you can still use the empty cans and be *resourceful*
Bazooka Bubble Gum
This classic gum has comic strips inside the wrapper! And it's pink!
Just because I couldn't find this anywhere— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
10. BAZOOKA BUBBLE GUM. I'd like to think tumalino ako ng konti dahil sa free Bazooka Joe comic strips pic.twitter.com/REm5SgQTrO
Nestle Twin Milk and Soya Drink
It was a soya milk drink that was advertised by the Gutierrez twins and their father, with "Kakambal Sa Paglaki!" as the brand's tagline.
Nakakadami na ako ng Nestle products.— Elvin García Luciano (@elvinelvinelvin) June 17, 2020
11. NESTLE TWIN. Powdered soy milk! Tapos kakambal sa paglaki. pic.twitter.com/nWOf7K1xQ3
Do you know any other classic snacks that we enjoyed before but are not available anymore?
Candy Bulletin is finally here! If you're an aspiring writer, vlogger, artist, or kahit marami ka lang talagang time, submit your entries here and make your mark in the Candy community! Share your feels, show your skills. Don't worry—we won't judge. ;)