Avoid awkward goodbyes by saying thanks and making him beso on the cheek. It's sweet and friendly at the same time—just the right "push" for him to ask you out again (but not enough for him to assume you're already head over heels in love!).
The next day:
It's all right to be giddy and paranoid; he's probably feeling the same way too. Wait it out. Do not text him. Let him miss you a little! No matter what transpires from Date #1, remember that the very purpose of it all is to get to know each other better. Realizing you're not compatible is just as good as getting an invite to Date #2!
DATES WITH A TWIST
Because going to the movies is so cliché!
- A weekend bike ride – It's a fun, free way to explore new places together. Make the park your destination and have a picnic while you're there.
- Dessert date – You don't have to worry about how to eat the pasta or how to fill in conversations for three full courses.
- Eat breakfast together – Get to know each other over cappuccinos and pancakes. If it doesn't go well, you can always say you have plans for lunch (wink!).
- Ice skating – Teach each other how to skate, and take advantage of the excuse to hold hands!
- Zoo or museum – Be kids on a field trip and have an educational date.
- Fair or carnival – Let him win that stuffed toy for you!