10 Ways To Know He's Trouble
You know what's sadder than finding out you were with the wrong person? Being stuck with Mr. Trouble. Who's this guy anyway and how do you know he's just a nightmare dressed like a daydream (thank you for the words, Taylor Swift!)? Here's a list you may want to go throught right now.
1. He is too sure too soon. He'll tell you all the sweet words you want to hear, like you're special or you're different, too soon. Sure, not all guys use these lines to fool you or play with your feelings. But when he tells you those things a week or two after you start dating, wouldn't that be a little weird or quick?
2. He gets a little too touchy. He should know that he's supposed to respect you. Just because you haven't said that he can't hold your hand or that he can't give you a kiss on the cheek during your past few dates doesn't give him the permission to do so. If it makes you uncomfortable, tell him. If he doesn't listen and insists on what he wants, LEAVE.
3. He doesn't like being with your family and friends. He doesn't need to befriend all of them a la Modern Family, but he has to try to get along with them at the very least. Why is he scared of your parents anyway if he's not going to do anything to hurt you, right?
4. His stories sound like they were written by great writers. Does he always put himself in the victim's or hero's shoes when he tells you something about his past? Do you feel suspicious or like there's something up when he gives you excuses about why hasn't called when he got home or why he flaked out on your date, which you guys planned a few weeks ago? Time to double check on him, honey.
5. He is "seeing" another girl. So you're only dating and you ask him about relationships. He then tells you that he was or is seeing another girl, but it's nothing serious. He tells you that it's nothing like what you both have. Girl, walk away. It's just not right that he's "seeing" girls at the same time even if it's just dating. You won't date other guys while you're dating him, right?
6. He loves drama and violence. He always picks a fight with you or his parents or with anyone. He tells you no one understands him anymore. He rebels by failing subjects in school, drinking too much (when he's underage!), or even takes in harmful substances. Walk away, honey. You have so many things to think about. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
7. He treats other people like crap. You can tell so much about a person by the way he treats strangers, waiters, old ladies, and people he meets every day. Does he sound so rude talking to the cashier in the mall? Does he argue with the cab driver in a really harsh way that you feel scared or uncomfortable already? If he has the balls to treat strangers like they were crap, how much more those persons who are close to him?
8. He uses you. You can always be there for him in school and even assist him in lessons that make his head ache for the rest of the day. But if things get to the point where you're the one making his homeworks and projects for him or taking his notes for him, then you should think twice. You're both in school for a reason. He should keep in mind that you have a lot of stuff to work on, too.
9. He goes all MIA on you when things get tough. We all have bad days and on times like that, you just need someone to stay with you. So if he goes missing after you tell him you're having a bad few days, weeks, or months because he says he doesn't want drama, then punch his nose. JK! Ask him why. He doesn't really need to say anything. He just has to hold your hand, wrap you in his arms, and make you feel that he's just there beside you.
10. He keeps you on your toes. He always gives you something, but not everything. He gives you enough, but not enough to keep your doubts and worries at bay. If you're always worried that he's going to leave you hanging in the middle of everything or that he's going to do something that will hurt you and break you, ask yourself if it's still worth it. Last time we checked, relationships aren't supposed to be founded on fear and worry.
Got feelings? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom. We always love hearing from you. :)