Guys Q & A: What Shouldn't I Order On Our First Date?
Do you have a guy-related question you want answered? One of our readers wrote to us, asking, "This guy and I are going on our first date. I'm worried I'll be super clumsy during dinner. What food shouldn't I order to make sure I don't lose my poise?"
Because we love being able to help you, Candy Girls, here are five things you should not order on a first date—or those you should save eating until you've really grown comfortable with each other, in which case it's okay to be clumsy and lose poise in front the other person.
- Spaghetti. If you're not an expert twirler, don't order this. You'll just end up getting the sauce on your dress or worse, on your face.
- Shrimps, crabs, lobsters. If the food has already been shelled, you can eat to your heart's content. But if you still need to peel it and pull the poor creature apart, don't. You'll most probably just focus your attention on getting the food in your mouth, instead of talking to your date.
- Burgers and tacos. You can order burgers, if you know how to use a knife and a fork to eat one. If not, save yourself the hassle. You might end up with ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and all the ingredients on your face or your lap.
- Soups and ramen. Slurping sounds don't make for a romantic dinner, really.
- Spicy food. Unless you're really into something spicy, save it. You might end up sweating like a pig, with your mouth smelling like one.
Hope that helped, Candy Girl. Good luck on your first date, and don't forget to tell us how it goes!
Boy-boggled? We might be able to help. Tell us about your guy-related quessies in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom!