10. "We... are never ever ever getting back together!"
Sound familiar? Sometimes, it is way easier to express our feelings through a song. So if you want to pour out all the heartache, this Taylor Swift song can do just the job.
9. "I want you to recognize what you've lost, and realize what you are never getting back."
FIERCE! One of the best things you can do after a breakup is to be the best girl you can be and show your ex-boyfriend that he lost a precious gem when he let you go.
8. "One day, I will be happy with someone who deserves me."
So what if you once said "YES" to the wrong guy? Breaking up with him can lead you to Mr. Right.
7. "I may regret the way we ended, but I will never regret what we had."
That's the attitude! Relationships, even those that didn't work out, are never a mistake. Though you had to end it with your ex, cherish the good and fun memories you had together especially because those things once made you happy.
6. "You've made me stronger by breaking my heart."
Breakups guarantee heartbreak but all the pain will sure be worth it. Learn to transform all the negative into something positive.
5. "I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you. I was hurt, too."
Too much pain can sometimes blind us from our faults. Once the storm of emotions ceases, be sorry for whatever pain you've caused your ex-boyfriend. Admitting your mistakes is a sign that you are mature enough to deal with a breakup.
4. "I can't spell nEXt without you!"
Cheer up! Who knows, maybe it will be Mr. Right the next time!
3. "Thanks for the memories. Dear Future, I'm ready to go."
While it is true that memories can sometimes be the hardest battle you'll have to confront, it is still best to treasure them. You don't want to end up a bitter crybaby. The past should never stop you from moving on to the future. Leave yesterday behind because surely, a brighter tomorrow awaits you.
2. "I just want you to know that I don’t have regrets, because I learned a lot from us."
There's no better way to explain this than by quoting one of my favorite actresses of all time, Marilyn Monroe: "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
1. "Thank you for the broken heart. It made me stronger and prettier."
This is my personal favorite of the bunch because it speaks of what a Candy Girl must embody after a breakup: grateful and most importantly, stronger and prettier! (So quit the weeping and show the world your bright smile!)
We all have different things we'd love to tell our ex-boyfriends but we must remember that Candy Girls always keep a positive attitude and look at the brighter side of things. Bear in mind that no matter how painful or hideous a breakup was, past relationships will teach us a great deal. Don't let ex-boyfriends make you bitter! Instead, be BETTER.