You think we're fangirling over the cute guys of One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, and The Vamps just for sake of it? Oh no, you're so wrong. These cuties actually speak the truth and teach us a thing or two about the crazy world of boys and, of course, love. We rounded up 7 things we learned from their songs to show you, actually.
1. Guys are sentimental. They may not collect movie tickets or restaurant receipts like us, but they do collect memories. And isn't that what's more important? They may not tell you about these things, but they actually remember how your eyes twinkled or how your face lit up during your dates. Not all the details maybe, but the really important ones.
"And we danced all night to the best song ever. We knew every line, now I can't remember how it goes but I know that I won't forget her 'cause we danced all night to the best song ever."
("Best Song Ever," One Direction)
2. They will do and endure anything for the right person. When the right one comes along, they are also just like us. They're willing to bend backwards just to keep her and make her stay.
"We don't wanna be like them. We can make it 'til the end. Nothing can come between you and I."
("You & I," One Direction)
3. They're all for having fun... But of course, they also just want to have fun. It's just like the way we, girls, live for watching tearjerker films together with our friends. They just have their own ways and definitions of "having fun," that's all.
"Let’s go crazy, crazy, crazy ’til we see the sun. I know we only met, but let’s pretend it’s love and never, never, never stop for anyone. Tonight let’s get some and live while we’re young."
("Live While We're Young," One Direction)
4. ...but at the end of the day, they really just want someone to come home to. Yup, they want this too. They also wish for a person who can make them forget about their troubles for a little while, who can say the right things at the right time, who's not perfect but is just perfect or them.
"Everybody's trying to be a billionaire, but every time I look at you I just don't care. 'Cause all I wanna be, all I ever wanna be is somebody to you."
("Somebody To You," The Vamps)
5. They really don't want you to change who you are. The movies and TV shows may show you that you need a makeover 80% of the time before you can actually start dating a nice guy, but that's not the case IRL. The right person will find all your quirks funny and cute.
"Your lipstick stain is a work of art. I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart and I know now, that I'm so down."
("She Looks So Perfect," 5 Seconds of Summer)
6. They get their hearts broken... You think that we're the only ones who cry ourselves to sleep and wake up with tear stains on our pillows? Guys go through this messy process of getting over someone, too. They're just not that vocal about it.
"Time has never been my best suit. Now I've got everything except you. You moved out of my heart, still got the bruise. I'd give it all back to be next to you."
("Oh Cecilia," The Vamps)
7. ...and the pain tears them apart, too. And there are also heartbreaks that stay with them even years later, the kind that will linger no matter what the circumstances are.
"Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie? If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 'Cause I'm not fine at all."
("Amnesia," 5 Seconds of Summer)
P.S. Since we're talking about bands and cute guys already, we want to make a special shoutout to one of our favorite boys in the world who's celebrating his birthday today: Happy birthday to One Direction's Niall Horan! We totes love you!