10 Things You Should Know Before Dating Someone from Lourdes School Quezon City
In kindergarten, the perfect guy or gal meant finding whoever had the yummiest cookies and didn't always smell like glue. As we mature, more factors come in to play—how they look, how they dress, what they like—suddenly, everything matters. Lourdes School Quezon City, or LSQC for short, is a place full of diverse teenagers that always try to do their best. Here are a few things you can expect when you have your eyes set on a certain Lourdesian.
- Lourdesians want to make sure that you're always having a good time with them.
When it comes to dates, they'll always do their best to give you a good time. They'll do all that it takes to make you laugh, smile, and simply enjoy their company. When you're with them, they'll always make sure that you're having fun.
- They can be simple, but still sweet.
A good date doesn't always mean having to spend a lot of money. Since Lourdesians are like most students, living by the allowance given to them, dates may not always be the most extravagant, but they won't be any less special to either of you. They may take you to Mang Inasal, but they'll still manage to make you feel like the happiest person in the world.
- They may need some time to get the hang of things.
Most of LSQC's high school students come from its grade school department which is exclusive for boys. It's only in the high school department that they're exposed to girls, so this means that a lot of them are not used to how to act around the opposite gender. Despite this, be sure to give them time to learn, and help them figure out how exactly you want to be treated.
- They love showing you off.
Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, you name it! It won't take long for them to start taking photos of you at your best and even your worst angles, posting photo after photo, never failing to think up the wittiest captions for each snapshot. If they love you, they won't be shy in telling the world that they're all yours.
- When school starts, Lourdesians are quite the busy bees.
Romance always tends to get a little rocky once homework starts to pile on top of quizzes, projects, and presentations. They may not be around as much as they were during the summer, but that definitely doesn't mean that they'll love you any less. Don't get mad at them if they start spending more time in the library than they do with you. Instead, try to help them with their studies.
- They are very determined.
You can't date until college? They'll wait. Your parents want to meet them first before you go out? They'll ask what time. Should they bring flowers, too? They'll do anything just to be yours because they love you, and they'll show a great deal of effort just to have you.
- They know how to set their priorities.
Maybe they have a Math test coming up, or their friend's going through a tough time, so they may not text back as quickly as they usually do. They will always prioritize what is most important, and when they finally do get to spend time with you, they'll make sure you feel like the only girl (or guy) in the world.
- They're very supportive (and hope that you are, too!)
They'll do their best to attend every game you play, every performance you have, or anything that involves you in it, honestly. It'll be a regular thing to see them cheering you on from the sidelines, screaming your name, praying that you win, and afterwards? They'll congratulate you, regardless if you win or lose.
- Family and friends are very important to them.
If they know you're the one, they'll definitely tell their parents and friends about you. They'll tell their mom and dad about how loving and kind you are, and they'll tell their best friend about how gorgeous your smile is. They'll want their loved ones to know about the one they love most, and will hope that when you meet them, you love them too.
- Above all, they're always there for you.
Your boyfriend or girlfriend should also be your best friend. They are your shoulder to cry on, the person to talk about all your problems to, the one you can always depend on to make you laugh after a terrible day at school. They are your happy place, and they'll make sure you know that you're theirs, too.
Again, Lourdesians are a diverse group of people. These definitely don't apply to all of them, but they all apply to one that is definitely worth keeping.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
"Today, I Won"
I always caught feelings for someone, and hoped so much that one day there could a thing between the two of us. I'm usually the one that makes the effort to buy and/or make cute gifts, chats them every other day, and stays up all night with him.
When I was 16, my childhood crush suddenly came back into my life. We'd constantly send updates to each other, recommend favorite songs and talk even the most random things. He'd even text me as early as 6 to just greet me good morning almost everyday. I hoped so much that when I confessed, he suddenly stopped talking to me.
For short, he ghosted me. Those 6 months I spent talking to him, allotting my time for him, and staying up until 3 am for him - all gone in a simple confession. Although I had a few crushes before him, he's the only one that got me in real pain. It was the kind of pain that I never thought I'd experience. It was the kind of pain that I couldn't believe.
After 7 years (it happened back in 2017), I thought he came back into my life to stay, but I guess he's just one of the guys who distanced. I felt a complete loser that time. But during this quarantine, everything was different. I caught feelings for someone else, but he treated me with the best kindness yet.
It happened at 2 am, May 30, 2020, when I impulsively confessed my feelings through messaging him. After saying my feelings, he responded with genuine and kind words. We both even complimented each other. Although the feelings didn't reciprocate, I still found a connection that can't be replaced with any guy.
To my 16 year old self, here I am, 18 and happy. You may have felt that time was the biggest regret and loss, but I'm here to tell you, we won. Today, I won.
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.