10 Things We Learned About Love From Ed Sheeran's Songs
If Taylor Swift had a guy version, it would most probably be Ed Sheeran. No wonder they're BFFs.
Ed sings about pain like it was and has always been a part of him. So it sounds genuine and warm, and, of course, heartbreaking. The good thing is, we don't just listen to his songs. We take them to heart because, believe it or not, Ed taught us most of the important things we need to know about love. Give this list a go, learn a lesson or two about love, and bring on the feels.
1. There will be one person who'll strike you, really strike you, like no other.
"You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade eight, but I never felt this way."
2. You'll be willing to do anything for him, no matter how dumb or stupid you may look like to other people.
"So I'll take you to the beach and walk along the sand. And I'll make you a heart pendant with a pebble held in my hand. And I'll carve it like a necklace so the heart falls where your chest is."
3. You will do absolutely anything to have him, even reset your life or hop on a plane and live in another country to be with him.
"This is the start of something beautiful. This is the start of something new.You are the one who'd make me lose it all. You are the start of something new."
4. Things don't always go the way you want them to. Circumstances will separate the two of you no matter how much love you've invested.
"So am I close to you anymore if it's over. And there's no chance that we'll work it out. That's why you and I ended over U-N-I, and I said that's fine but you're the only one that knows I lied."
5. You'll fight for whatever it is that's left of what you once had, even if you're fighting alone. You'll be begging him to come back with promises that you'll do better this time around, if only you'll be given a chance.
"I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind. I'll do it all for you in time. And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now."
6. You will look for healing in anything, but nothing really heals a broken heart completely.
"Tell you the truth I hate what didn't kill me. It never made me stronger at all."
7. You will see him in anyone, anywhere, most of the time. There will always be something out there to remind you that he was once and is still a vital part of your life.
"You’re not her, though I try to see you differently. I tow the line. You see, I’m searching for what used to be mine."
8. In the end, you'll wish both of you well. Nothing can replace him, but you know you'll have to let go and maybe find another love story soon.
"'Cause you are the only one. And all my friends have gone to find another place to let their hearts collide. Just promise me, you'll always be a friend. 'Cause you are the only one."
9. But there are still moments when you'll be begging the other person to come back. Of course, you'll feel alone sometimes and that's normal.
"Give me love like never before, 'cause lately I've been craving more. And it's been a while but I still feel the same. Maybe I should let you go."
10. But know that the pain stops, even if it takes a long time before it does. You will look back on every bit of what you had with a smile, even the bad parts.
"All I know these scars will bleed, but both of hearts believe. All of these stars will guide us home."
What's your favorite Ed Sheeran song, Candy Girls? Tell us in the comments or tweet us @candymagdotcom to join the conversation!