#TipsforAteneoFreshies was trending last week and we searched far and wide for the cream of the crop! We found the best hacks and tips that could help you claim freshman year.
1. Apparently you can camouflage while on campus by sticking to this outfit combination. Time to go shopping for crisp white shirts, blue shorts, sneakers and caps!
2. Hear, hear! Maybe you can even stream Netflix on your long breaks? LOL
#TipsForAteneoFreshies gawa na kayo ng list ng idadownload niyo kasi sobrang bilis ng internet sa school pramis— Trick (@trickvalentin) July 19, 2016
3. We heard that you can leave your diamond earring somewhere and it will still be there when you get back. Unfortunately, that is not the case when it comes to umbrellas.
#TipsForAteneoFreshies There's a bigger chance of your umbrella getting stolen than your iPhone/Macbook.— Marge Tejada (@MargeTejada) July 19, 2016
4. Freshman year won't be complete without those cringe-worthy, super embarrassing moments. It's okay to make fun of yourself sometimes, though.
5. Go on girl! Keep that chin up and dare to be different. Sticking to the status quo is not a requirement around here.
#TipsForAteneoFreshies— Gab Orlina (@gaborlina) July 19, 2016
Don't be afraid to be that one Windows laptop in a table of MacBooks.
6. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing. In fact you are encouraged to do your own thing!
#TipsForAteneoFreshies this isn't high school anymore. you can be alone as much as you want & no one will judge u— Thea Unson (@theaunson) July 19, 2016
7. Take it from us, it would be a better place if you just keep on walking.
just because it's called a block doesn't mean it has to clog the halls and walkways #TipsForAteneoFreshies— Belle O. Mapa (@bellemaps) July 19, 2016
8. Make sure you keep your guard up for the Chinitos are going to steal your heart.
#TipsForAteneoFreshies Chinese Ateneans won't steal your land, they'll steal your heart. Charot.— Juan (@jmsarias) July 19, 2016
9. Fall in love with your course, with your friends, with your newfound independence. Just fall in love.
#TipsForAteneoFreshies— March Bulalacao (@marchpls) July 19, 2016
* - open to interpretation
Keep these tips at heart and you are good to go. College is not really a scary place, it's just different and you know sometimes different is just what you need. Don't forget to return the favor when you're done with freshman year!