Support System: How to Help Typhoon Sendong Victims
While some of you may be safe and sound in your homes, a lot of people in Cagayan de Oro (CDO) are recovering from the typhoon that hit last Saturday. Hundreds of lives lost and thousands still trying to get back on their feet. How can you help, Candy Girl?
- Volunteer. Already on holiday break? Why don't you head to your local government office or school and help pack relief goods to be sent to CDO?
- Donate. If you have clothes to spare, why not give them to those who need them more? You can get together with your barkada and pack your clothes in boxes to send to donation centers.
- Text. You really have no excuse not to help. All you have to do is bring out your phone to extend your help to the victims. You can send your donation to Red Cross Philippines by texting RED <AMOUNT> to 2899 (Globe) or 4143 (Smart). Denominations below:
Globe: 5, 25, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
Smart: 10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
- Spread the news. Repost important information like ways to donate or volunteer on your Facebook feed, Twitter timeline, and blogs. The more people know about what's happening, the more people will be inclined to give their support.
- Stay positive. Pray for those who are still missing, for those whose loved ones passed away, and those who are in the area still looking for survivors. If you've been completing Simbang Gabi, maybe you can include the victims of the typhoon in your prayers.
Other links that you may want to click to know more about how you can help:
How are you helping out?