Selena Gomez Gets Hacked Plus Tips on How to Avoid Getting Hacked!
Days after photos of Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber spread like wild fire on the Internet, Selena's social networking accounts got hacked! The hacking lasted for all of 30 minutes before Selena got back control of her accounts. The hacked account attacked Justin Bieber.
What can you do to avoid getting hacked on your social networking accounts?
- Change your password. If you feel that your account has been hacked, try logging in and if your password hasn't been changed yet, you'll be able to log on fine. And when you do, change your password to something completely different. Make it a habit to constantly change your password from time to time.
- Beware of suspicious links. Twitter sometimes automatically shortens URLs but if the link looks weird (like some form of ad or an unknown user asking you if it's you in a supposedly compromising picture), don't click it! Trust your instincts.
- Don't give your password to anyone. Some spammers and scammers might email you asking you to log in to a site using your Facebook or Twitter password. Unless it comes from and official facebook.com or twitter.com email domain, don't enter your password!
- Block spammers. If someone writes on your Wall or @replies to you and you don't know them—especially if they have suspicious-looking avatars or usernames, block them immediately! You don't need to add or follow everyone on the Internet.
- Always log out. Especially when you're using a public computer, like in an Internet shop or in your school library, remember to always log out after using your account. You don't want the person using the computer after you to get access to your account and start posting stuff as you!
Do you have your own tips on how to avoid getting hacked or on what to do if you do get hacked? Sound off in the comments below!