Good news! The Department of Education (DepEd) has reopened its Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP), which means more senior high school students can avail of the financial assistance provided by the government.
Grade 10 public school finishers are automatically considered beneficiaries of the program as well as private school students who are part of the Education Service Contracting (ESC) program of the DepEd. If you're a Grade 10 non-ESC private school graduate, this means you have to apply for the voucher at the Online Voucher Application Portal (OVAP).
The application is from May 1-15, 2017 only, which means you have to complete the requirements and send in your papers online (they won't accept hard copy submissions.) ASAP!
Results will be announced on or before May 31, 2017.
Here's the application process according to the OVAP website:
Create an Account
- Go to ovap.deped.gov.ph and click "Apply Now".
- Provide a working email address and a password.
- Click the link that will be sent through email to activate the account.
Answer the Application Form
- Login to ovap.deped.gov.ph
- Fill up the form
- After successful completion of the form, check your email to download and print the Confirmation Slip
Submit the Supporting Documents
- Follow the instructions on the Confirmation Slip on how to submit the needed supporting documents.
- The email address where the documents must be sent is email@example.com
- Monitor your OVAP account to see the status of your document submission, only those that have.
- "Complete" status will be included in the processing of applications.