Dos and Don'ts During Prom Night
- Get to know your date better. Ask him about his interests, talk about your favorite movies—anything under the sun!
- Dance! You didn't go to the prom just to sit around. If you're not comfortable dancing with your date alone, form a circle with your friends and their dates and see who has the best moves.
- If you don't have a date, find your other single friends and mingle!
- Retouch your makeup once in awhile. A quick five-minute bathroom break should do the trick.
- Be well-mannered at the table. Don't laugh too loud or make a mess. Remember, this is your prom, not the school cafeteria.
- Take a good prom picture. Most proms have their own photo booth for couples to pose. Try not to be too stiff while your photo's being taken. Smile!
- Bring your own camera so you can capture all those unforgettable moments and take snaps with your friends while dancing.
- Leave your date behind. It's rude to make your date wait so long while you chat with friends or go around doing other stuff. You invited him so you should make sure he as a good time too.
- Flirt with someone else's date. How wool you feel if your classmate started making a move on your date?
- Go to the bathroom or check your reflection in the mirror every five minutes. Can you say vain? Besides, you should be out there having fun, not primping in the washroom all night!
- Feel bad if you don't win an award. Who cares if you and your date weren't the Cutest Couple, if you weren't the Most Improved, and if you weren't Queen of the Night? If you had fun, that's all that matters.
- Expect too much. Your date won't be a perfect gentleman, your hair and makeup won't be flawless the whole night, and - gasp! - you might even have an Oops! moment or two. It's okay. The prom isn't about being all romantic, rose-colored, and perfect; it's simply about having a great night out with your friends. (It just so happens that you're all dressed up!)