Just Jared reports that Demi Lovato has checked into a treatment facility to seek medical help for "emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time." She feels bad that she won't be able to finish her tour with her Camp Rock co-stars The Jonas Brothers, but she's looking forward to being back at work in the near future.
A couple of months ago, Demi said good bye to Twitter briefly before deleting her account last week. This right after her fan proposal was posted online. We're worried about Demi, but glad that she's seeking professional help. We hope you get better soon!
A teen like you goes through so much stress—what with your issues with the family, school, and friends. Here are some tips on how you can manage your stress and not end up checking into a treatment center yourself.
- Talk about it. When you keep your emotions to yourself, there's a chance that everything will get bottled up and you'll just erupt somewhere down the line. Talk to someone you trust: your BFF, your guy, your mom. Someone who you know will understand what you're going through.
- Don't spread yourself too thin. So you're the president of the student council, you're also on the swim team. And between meetings and practice, you also have quarterly finals to worry about. You're not superwoman and nobody expects you to be. Learn how to prioritize and deal with the more important things first.
- Learn to say no. Because you're always trying to please everyone, you'll say yes to everything even if it means giving up sleep or food. Remember that your health is very important! If you want to perform well—in school, in your personal life—you need to be healthy to do so.
- Give yourself a break. Every once in a while, take a trip to the mall. Go to the park and shoot some hoops with your little bro. A change of scenery can help put your mind at ease.
- Surround yourself with positivity. Who needs friends who keep on putting you down (in the first place, they wouldn't exactly be friends if they did that, right?) or a boyfriend who tells you to lose weight or wear stuff you're not comfortable wearing? When you are in the company of people who bring out the best in you, you're not pressured to act a certain way, which is a lot less stressful. Don't you think?
Got any stress busters you'd like to share with other Candy Girls? Spill in the comments below