Education is one of the most rewarding fields out there, and luckily, it's a job that's in-demand globally too. If you're a teacher looking to grow your knowledge and build up credibility, you might want to consider pursuing higher education to beef up that resume and stand out from the crowd.
If you've qualified for a program but funding remains to be a concern, you can try applying for Commission on Higher Education's Scholarships for Instructors’ Knowledge Advancement Program (SIKAP) scholarship. A program that is open to all aspiring Master's and Graduate degree holders.
SIKAP provides opportunities for Higher Education Institution (HEI) teaching personnel, or former HEI teaching personnel "seeking advanced studies in identified universities and colleges in the Philippines."
The scholarship package will cover the actual cost of tuition and other fees, book, transportation, and monthly living allowance, and thesis or dissertation allowance, among others.
If you do qualify for the program, you can send in your application until July 16, 2021.
Here are the documentary requirements you'll need to complete:
- Application Form*
- Curriculum Vitae*
- Certificate of Employment**
- Statement of Eligibility and Undertaking**
- Recommendation Forms (Former Professor, Peer and Immediate Supervisor)**
- Birth Certificate or Passport (Proof of Citizenship)
- Medical Certificate**
- Proof of Admission to the DHEI or Eligible HEI
- Transcript of Records (for every undergraduate, professional, and graduate/post-graduate degree attained)
- Re-entry Action Plan**
- Release Form (for full-time study)
- Any Government-issued ID
To learn more, visit: https://ched.gov.ph/sikap/
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!