It's that time of the year again! Red roses, love cards, and sweet couples are everywhere. Everything belongs in romantic movies—that is, except you. But don’t fret! Whether you just broke up with someone or you've been single since birth, high-five! We’ll teach you how to master the art of being single!
1. Watch a funny movie. You know what they say: laughter is the best medicine. While you’re not exactly sick, it won’t hurt to exercise your jaws and tummy a little by laughing out loud. It doesn’t only clear your mind off things you shouldn’t worry about; it’s also an instant mood booster. Always remember that the only pain worth enduring is the one you get from laughing too hard.
2. Throw a sparty! Gather up all your girlfriends and treat yourself to a night of pampering. Whether it’s a relaxing massage or a dazzling mani-pedi, make sure to enjoy every minute of it by having fun with your gal pals. What better way there is to celebrate being single than spending time with the people whose company you enjoy, right?
3. Create something for yourself. It can be a vision board about your future or a playlist of all the songs that make you smile. Aside from being able to make amazing things on your own, doing this will also make you realize that the act of creating something for yourself and not for anybody else can be truly fulfilling.
4. Write a letter to the people you love. Even before you meet The One, there surely have been a number of people who let you feel how it’s like to be loved. Why don’t you grab a paper and a pen, and tell them how grateful you are for their presence in your life? Not only will it put a smile on their faces, it will also make you realize how blessed you are to be surrounded by such lovely people!
5. Make someone smile. Someone said that one secret to be happy is to make another soul happy. It can be as simple as treating the person in line behind you to a cup of coffee or sharing your lunch with the kids on the street. These random acts of kindness may seem insignificant but they always have the potential to make someone’s day. Whatever you do, big or small, you get the chance to make someone feel better, even if that someone is you.
6. List down the things you love about being single. As much as it seems great to be in a relationship, the reality is that it takes tons of effort and maturity to maintain one. Instead of sulking at the thought of being dateless on V-day, why not celebrate the fact that you’re actually free to do things you can’t do when you’re committed, like focusing on yourself and spending more time with your family and friends? There are a lot of perks that come with being unattached. You don’t even have to think hard.
7. Appreciate yourself for the things that you can do on your own. Being single teaches you that you are your own person and not a half of a whole. Whether it’s going to the cinemas by yourself or having dinner alone, give yourself a pat on the back and appreciate. You have to enjoy the company of yourself first before you can enjoy another’s.