A Reminder: How Are Your New Year's Resolutions Holding Up?
We're well into the fourth week of January, and we just want to check up on your New Year's resolutions. Still going strong on those goals you've set up for yourself to conquer in 2014? If we're going to be serious about these things, we've got to remind you to keep at it. Here are few of the resolutions we make and the secret to not breaking them.
1. "I will start eating healthy and/or working out."
This usually comes after a satisfying binge, which we end up regretting and start realizing, "Ugh, I need to work out." Instead of promising and saying it aloud (yes, that means tweeting it too), which doesn't really justify anything, set your mind to it. You don't need to go on a full-on gym session, but simply a quick 10-minute walk/jog could be a start. You can then add up the minutes each time. Never go on a crash diet, because for starters, cutting down on meals isn't healthy and you will end up eating more the next meal. Eat three meals daily and cut down on junk food. Go on grocery trips to pick out healthy food and snacks—and you better return those bags of chips, where you found them. It's 100% okay to have a cheat day but make sure that day doesn't stretch out into weeks. Never tell yourself you don’t have time to step up your fitness game and know the difference between being busy and making excuses.
2. "I will study harder/aim for good grades."
We said this to ourselves before and over and over again, yet we end up bypassing what we promised would be our mantra for the school year. Who can blame you? Trying to pay attention to lectures, doing homework and the whole idea of school does sound rather boring. So instead making "getting good grades" as your objective, change your goal into something you know will encourage you all the more. If you always have the habit of neglecting studies for leisure, then set your mind to this: If you do all your work during school days, imagine all the leisure time you'll have during weekends? In other words, do it as soon as it's given and you will slowly drop the nasty habit of procrastination. It's a whole lot easier to do it step by step than committing to such a general goal.
3. "I will be more positive."
It’s usually easily said than done when you mean looking at the brighter aspect of life. When problems or bumps on the road start coming around, it's most likely you'll end up right back where you started. People often make the mistake of saying "I'll be more positive" and think that it would miraculously happen. They tend to neglect the idea on how they will actually achieve that positivity. The key is actually pretty simple—look for the source of negativity.
Don't like that person on your social media? Unfollow. Do you think "this" or "that" isn't doing any good for you? Stop doing it. Does that anonymous question website bring so much negativity? Deactivate.
We all have something toxic in our lives that bring so much negativity. All you really need to do is get rid of it. It’s true when they say that being positive comes from yourself, but that positivity won’t be able to radiate in a toxic atmosphere.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)