8 Life Lessons for Millennials
The pages of No Filter is home to strings of beautiful, beautiful words. The pieces are so good that it feels like the words come alive as arms that embrace you, or hands that hold yours—they are whatever you need them to be at the exact moment you read them. There's something comforting about reading the words of people who are going through the same experiences as you. This is the magic of No Filter.
- "Grades aren't meaningless. There is just so much of my schooling, my accomplishments, and my capabilities that they can't measure." —Lesson Learned by Meryl Ligunas
Don't ever think that that bad Calculus grade is the defining moment of your entire existence. Plus, there is always a chance to bounce back from a fall. Grades will never be able to measure how passionate and kind of a person you are—these are the things that truly matter.
- "When the thing you love most becomes your work, it becomes the hangings noose that might just kill you." —The First You by Don Jaucian
Burnout is sinister. It steals the love out of your system and replaces with exhaustion and weariness. You will wonder how that much love can be replaced by this numbness. Please, try your very best to never lose sight of what makes you jump out of bed every morning.
- "Misery, I learned, is a creative currency." —I Sucked When I Was Happy by Margarita Buenaventura
This piece will remind you that heartbreak carries a certain beauty—a nudge to create something out of your agony, a reminder that you may be crippled by the pain but you can still turn it into something beautiful. If you are looking for a sign, this is it. Get started on that Passion Project.
- "Don't cut off the wings of children. They were meant to fly." —Best Chance by Jace Espino
Disagreeing with our parents is something that we can never avoid; well maybe in a perfect world we get along with them fine 100% of the time. Our parents, veterans of the adult world, have the tendency to hold us (too) close to keep us from hurting ourselves. Always remind the angst-y teenager in you that they are doing it out of love.
- "Youth is finding the answers to one's questions. Coming of age means unanswering all those questions." —Coming of Age by Jam Pascual
Before you officially entered adulthood, you thought you already had everything figured out. You are in your dream university, studying your dream course, while holding the hands of your dream guy. You were on track; well you thought you were on track. Sometimes the universe pulls the rug from under your feet to give you a lesson or two on starting over.
- "To wait is to hope for a better tomorrow and to trust that life will unravel as it should." —The Last One Standing by Sab Jose
In this time and age where we can do so many things almost instantly (ramen takes three minutes, and an email gets sent in mere seconds, etc.), we grow restless. We rush into getting the jobs we will eventually despise or we get into relationships we will regret in about three months. Our generation needs to ~*breathe*~ because the best things in life are worth the tedious wait.
- "Doing what must be done so a passion continues to burn, so that one has a purpose for living, so that one can inspire passion for others—this is success." —Which Fight Are Ours? By Gabbie Tatad
You still have a long way to go before you reach your ambitions but we hope you recognize success not just by the fame, and the wealth and the influence but by the power to inspire the people around you.
- "When the time is right, it sneaks up on you like a thief in the night, and you’ll be saying goodbye to your youth long before you know it." —The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most by Don Jaucian
You will not be forever young. We don't know if that's good news for you or if we just scared you to death but we just want to tell you that you should make the most out of every experience, every relationship, and every heartbreak. For dear there is no turning back time.
The #NoFilterBook, based on the original play by The Sandbox Collective, is now available in bookstores nationwide for only P295.