If you know how to remove a strawberry's stem, break in new shoes, or extend your battery's life and yet you're clueless about waking up a sleeping arm or picking up conversations better, it's about time you add these body hacks to your arsenal of making your life better. (via lifehack.org)
- Lean in with your right ear to pick up conversations better (like when talking to someone on the phone). If you want to pick up music and other sounds, lean in with your left ear.
It's connected to the left brain-right brain theory.
- Numb the area between your index finger and your thumb with an ice cube to lessen a the pain of a toothache.
Another trick is to apply pressure (for at least two minutes) on the area at the back of your hand where the thumb and index finger meet.
- When running, exhale when your left foot strikes the ground to help reduce side pain.
Doing so will help take pressure off your liver.
- Rock your head from side to side to wake up a sleeping arm.
The "pins and needles" feeling in the arms is caused by a compression of the nerves in your neck, thus the neck exercise.
- If your throat is itchy, scratch your ear instead.
Doing so will stimulate the nerves in the ear, which in turn will cause a muscle spasm that will stop the itch in your throat.
- Hold your breath for as long as you can and exhale slowly to get rid of a bad case of the hiccups.
It's best if you could hold it in for more than 10 seconds.
- A whiff of cinnamon can help improve your memory and reasoning.
Not only is cinnamon beneficial for losing weight, it also makes an effective pick-me-up.
- Looking at blue light can help you stay awake.
It’s a caffeine-free alternative to energy drinks and coffee.
Know more effective body hacks? Share them with the Candy Girls in the comment box below!