Are there instances when you and your parents don't see each other eye-to-eye? Like, you feel that they're being too strict or unreasonable or they just don't trust you? Before indulging yourself and putting the blame on your parents, read through these reasons, which award-winning essayist Shakira Sison posted on Twitter. She calls it "A thread on how your parents' restrictions might be a result of how they perceive you instead of just how restrictive you think they are." It makes total sense and will definitely make you think the next time you complain about your parents.
- You're still not capable of taking care of yourself.
- You're still clueless about what to do in case of an emergency.
- You don't seem to handle money well yet.
- You're impulsive when it comes to relationships.
- You still depend on them for every single thing.
- You're bratty when you don't get what you want.
- You still act like a child.
How many of these situations are you guilty of? Sound off in the comments below!