15 Reasons Why Alone Time Is Good For You
Seeing someone alone in public places such as restaurants or parks usually illustrate loneliness and sadness to a lot of people. That isn’t always the case, though. Being alone doesn’t mean you’re lonely. You could have numerous friends to call to accompany you, but choosing to be on your own on a random day isn’t a bad thing. In fact, it might quite feel refreshing and relaxing. Surely having someone else around is always the more fun option but when there are days when you feel like reading a good book in a serene coffee shop by yourself is what you’re down for, then so be it. And if ever you’re still feeling skeptical about it, here are some more reasons why alone time is actually good for you.
- You can do whatever you want. For real though, this is actually the well-known benefit of spending some time alone. You can sing at the top of your lungs, dance like no one’s watching, eat whatever you crave and just go crazy!!!
- You can be as laid-back as you want to be. Your outfit doesn’t need to be on point, your eyebrows don’t need to be on fleek and your contour doesn’t need to slay. You’re just staying in anyway!
- You can catch up on school work without distractions. Group study can go wrong if you’re easily distracted by having your friends around you. You might be better off studying on your own for you to be more productive.
- You think clearly. ...Well at least, clearer than having someone else around to influence your thinking process. Sometimes things fall into perspective easily when you’re alone with your thoughts.
- You might discover something about yourself. May it be a skill or an interest, being alone means you have the opportunity to invest lots of focus on yourself and ending up knowing yourself better.
- You assert independence. Not a lot of people can handle being alone, which is not always a good thing because it hinders us from being independent. Remember that asserting independence helps usbecome more mature.
- You observe more. Sometimes being around people all the time, limits us from seeing and hearing other things. Being alone makes our observation sharper and we are able to appreciate our surroundings even more.
- You can get creative. It’s time to try all those Pinterest DIYs that you’ve wanted to do for so long!Or paint? Or write literature? Who cares if you’re not good! Doing it alone means there’s no one there to judge your work.
- You call the shots. You decide where you want to eat, where you want to go or where you want to hang out because you don’t have to ask anyone else if they’re up for it. There are no clashing choices because your choice is the only one that will matter.
- You might end up becoming the next internet sensation! You know what they say; the craziest ideas pop out of boredom. If one day, you find yourself feeling bored in your bedroom and wanting to do next Youtube hit… Don’t stop yourself and just do it!
- You have time for your guilty pleasures. Yes girl, we know you want to binge watch OTWOL episodes now that it’s done. *cue tears* Now go do it shamelessly in your alone time and profess you undying love for JaDine!
- You sort out your priorities well. Being alone helps you determine what you should be putting first, what should follow, and what should be accomplished last. This tie with the fact the being on your own helps you think clearly.
- You get a break from talking. It’s obviously weird to be completely quiet while you’re around friends which is why having alone time allows us to rest our mouths from speaking and just simply listen to our minds.
- You meet new people. In those moments that you’ve decided to fly solo in some activities, you are most likely to meet some really interesting people along the way. And you should take advantage of that!
- You appreciate your loved ones more. Spending some time apart from people you love can sometimes lead you to missing them and actually valuing their presence much, much more.