This Month's Beauty Advice According to Your Zodiac Sign
(March 21 to April 19)
Try: White Me Up Sleeping Pack, Malissa Kiss
Stress can wreak havoc on your peace of mind, and on your skin. If you've been noticing dry patches or incurably oily face days, your body's telling you to get some essential R&R. Treat yourself to some calming lavender scented elixirs, a cooling eye mask, or an overnight face mask to soothe and subdue anxiety.
(April 20 to May 20)
Try: Creamy Matte Lipstick by Color Sensational in Mermerizing Magenta P299, Maybelline
Your routine needs some shake-ups as we head into June. Try on a lip kit with a shade that's so not you and have a little fun exploring other facets of your beauty personality. If you're feeling extra emboldened, get yourself some bangs or try a cut you've never tried before. It's tough for a Taurus to get out of the comfort zone, but so worth it.
(May 21 to June 20)
Seems like you haven't been paying attention to beneath-the-surface beauty these days, Gemini. Go beyond makeup and fluff, and try to dig a little deeper. Connect with your dermatologist to reassess your skin's current state or make a serious trip to your hairstylist to find out your scalp situation.
(June 21 to July 22)
Have you always wanted to try something new but have been too scared? Now's the time to dip your toes into experimental waters. Whether you want to see if microblading will do your brows some good, or need your best bae to hold your hand as you try waxing for the first time, it's worth a try.
(July 23 to August 22)
Try: Wild Argan Oil Body Butter, The Body Shop
We're all concerned with face, skin, hair, tips and toes when it comes to beauty, but what about our parts that don't get as much exposure? Take some time to look into your more hidden bits these days. Perhaps your thighs and chest could use a good body scrub or your belly could benefit from a luxuriously rich lotion.
(August 23 to September 22)
Try: Serum Mask Smoothing and Revitalizing P1271, Sephora Collection
While it's nice to try all the samples you can get when it comes to beauty products, it will also do you good to form a bit of structure in your daily routine. Assemble the basic cleanse-tone-moisturize trio and expand from that, building in serums or essences, creams or balms into the mix.
(September 23 to October 22)
Try: They're Real Lengthening Mascara Mini P700, Benefit Cosmetics
Now's not the time for lightweight care—this month's going to require you to arm yourself with some heavy duty products that will be sure to stand the test of time, heat and tropical weather. Get all set with super high SPF, long-lasting mascara, and matte lipsticks that won't budge.
(October 23 to November 21)
Know that even if you've found the look and regimen that works for you, you are constantly changing by the millisecond and what you use needs to adapt to that change. Be observant of the highs and lows of your skin, hair and scalp—you may have just shifted from oily to dry, heavy acne to clear skinned, and dull to bright.
(November 22 to December 21)
Try: Elle So Chic! P1250, Rustans Department Store
Have you given much thought to your signature scent, Sagittarius? Never mind what the department store brands are peddling right now, or which ads are pulling your attention. Really make it a point this month to find out what fragrances work for you by testing out your current preferences over an entire day.
(December 22 to January 19)
This month is your moment to fall in love with yourself. There is no shame in loving the way you look—flaws and all. Give yourself a good head to toe in the mirror and notice what you've got on your face when you're feeling your best. It could be the way you style your hair or the shade of lip tint you're wearing. Take note, rinse and repeat.
(January 20 to February 18)
What's making you hesitate about growing out your hair, shifting over to dark polish even if it isn't "the season" for it yet, or going eyeliner-free even for just a day? The best thing about playing around with your look is that the changes you make are impermanent. Stay flexible, stop doubting your beauty gut, and just go for it!
(February 19 to March 20)
There are times in a year where no matter how many glasses of water you drink, no matter how well you're behaving when it comes to your skin, no matter how good you are in terms of shampoos, conditioners and hair masks, your body just doesn't respond well. Know that it's okay. We can't be at 100% all the time. This too shall pass.
Check out www.practicalmagic.co to find out what the stars have in store for you this month!
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
"Today, I Won"
I always caught feelings for someone, and hoped so much that one day there could a thing between the two of us. I'm usually the one that makes the effort to buy and/or make cute gifts, chats them every other day, and stays up all night with him.
When I was 16, my childhood crush suddenly came back into my life. We'd constantly send updates to each other, recommend favorite songs and talk even the most random things. He'd even text me as early as 6 to just greet me good morning almost everyday. I hoped so much that when I confessed, he suddenly stopped talking to me.
For short, he ghosted me. Those 6 months I spent talking to him, allotting my time for him, and staying up until 3 am for him - all gone in a simple confession. Although I had a few crushes before him, he's the only one that got me in real pain. It was the kind of pain that I never thought I'd experience. It was the kind of pain that I couldn't believe.
After 7 years (it happened back in 2017), I thought he came back into my life to stay, but I guess he's just one of the guys who distanced. I felt a complete loser that time. But during this quarantine, everything was different. I caught feelings for someone else, but he treated me with the best kindness yet.
It happened at 2 am, May 30, 2020, when I impulsively confessed my feelings through messaging him. After saying my feelings, he responded with genuine and kind words. We both even complimented each other. Although the feelings didn't reciprocate, I still found a connection that can't be replaced with any guy.
To my 16 year old self, here I am, 18 and happy. You may have felt that time was the biggest regret and loss, but I'm here to tell you, we won. Today, I won.
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.