These Are the Fashion Must-Haves You Need for Your First Day Back in School
Going back to school can be sad and fun at the same time. Sad because it's the start of unlimited readings, quizzes, and group work again, but it's fun because you get to hang out with your friends again, there's the return of your allowance from the parents, and of course, our favorite—dressing up for school. To make sure that you'll put your best foot forward this school year, style wise, we're taking the guesswork out of your shopping lists and sharing our favorite back-to-school fashion must-haves.
Best cami for extremely hot days. Plains and Prints, P998
Whether your classrooms are air-conditioned or not, no one is truly safe from the hot and cold weather of the country. For extremely hot days, you know that there's nothing better to wear than a breezy cami and this piece from Plains and Prints is the perfect example of a breezy, comfy top that's still dressy enough for school.
Best leggings for your "I'm tamad today" school uniform. Forever 21, P915
It's a major fashion rule never to wear your leggings as pants, but let's face it when you've got a ton of things to do and catch up on for the day who cares about fashion rules? If you're planning on breaking rules today, might as well opt for a pair of leggings with great detail to give them something good to talk about.
Best extra jeans for your feeling extra days. Forever 21, P1535
Nothing spells EXTRA more than this pair of denim jeans with a sequined patch!
Best dress for your "I have nothing to wear" days. Plains and Prints, P1698
We all have those days when we just get stuck in a style rut. The key here is to stock up on pretty and classic dresses like this basic but bold dress to save you from days when you have absolutely nothing to wear even though we all know that you still got a pile of clothes you haven’t worn in months.
Best hoodie for your library camp out. Bench, P699
Ditch the usual
Best flats you can walk in
Heels are amazing confidence boosters, but when you're walking from building to building, flats are your best bet. Opt for a classic pair with modern details like this shoe from Parisian for a stylish modern update of Audrey Hepburn's go-to shoe style.
Best thesis defense pumps. Charles and Keith, P2299
Keep your Keynote presentation strong, but your shoe game even stronger with this power pump.
Best sneakers to complete your sporty-chic look. Melissa, P2895
We love our white sneaks, but for the perfect back-to-school look, it's smart to swap your usual whites for trendy millennial pink sneakers instead!
Best commute shoes ever. Bench, P349
Yeah, you can brave the uneven sidewalk and the muddy puddles with your trendy sneaks and pretty flats, but we all know nothing is ever worth getting a shoe ruined for. Invest in a pair of commute shoes you can easily roll and throw in your bag as soon as you get off that
Best school bag for your back to school OOTD. Parisian, P699.75
Give your grade school Jansport a modern and sleeker update with a tan backpack for school.
Best umbrella to shield you from the rain. Esprit, The SM Store, P699.75
We have to admit that splurging on a payong can be painful—especially when you spot a TDF top across the store. But when the mighty storm is here and you have to cross an open field, you're going to want to give yourself a pat on the shoulder for investing in an umbrella that's both durable and stylish at the same time.
Best coin purse for all your coins. Bench, P179.75
Having too many coins in your wallet can be a drag. But when you've got a purse as cute as this cookie-printed one, you're going to want to change all your twenties into one-peso coins just to fill it up. Okay, we might be slightly exaggerating, but you get the point.
Best belt for "Di naman maluwag, but I'm gonna belt it" jeans. Charles and Keith, P799.80
Black belts are basic, but when it has a cute tassel like that, oh boy, you know it's time to belt even your most masikip jeans in the closet.
Best simple accessory to add to your LOTD. Plains and Prints
Yes, thin accessories are barely seen by others, but even the simplest and smallest accessory can take your look from zero to hero just like this silver necklace that's reminiscent of the one Carrie Bradshaw wore in Paris.
Did your favorites make it to the list?
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Nineteen is a rather unremarkable age as it is not as celebrated as the age before it nor is it considered as much of a turning point as the age after it. However, this is the time when you find yourself smack in the middle of enjoying your teens and worrying about becoming an adult.
More often than not, you'll start to wonder whether you made the most out of your teenage years or whether you're ready to take on the responsibilities of being an adult. This constant dilemma will leave you anxious and confused. But, don't beat yourself up because this is the beauty of being 19.
You are no longer the foolish teenager who thought he/she was the center of the universe because now, you are old enough to start thinking like a grown up who understands that you are but a tiny speck in the whole solar system. It doesn't mean that you are insignificant but rather, that you are part of a colossal existence. This realization will enable you to make the right choice. And as you navigate the remaining days of your teens, don't forget to look back on the lessons you've picked up through the years and look forward to what lies ahead of you in the future.
BUWAN (Reverse Poetry)
Isinulat ni: Zamira Ariola
Ang liwanag noon
Nagsilbing gabay ngayon
Ang nagpapanatiling buhay
Sa pusong pagod
Sa pusong wala ng laman
Sa pusong wala nang nararandaman
Ikaw ang nagdala
Bakit nga ba?
Ikaw ang minahal
Ikaw ang ginawang mundo
Para magkasilbi ang buhay ko?
Bakit ikaw ang nagdala ng liwanag?
Ikaw ba ang buwan?
[Basahing muli paitaas]
"The paradoxical idea of attaining a happier life and how to withstand these beliefs."
The Revolting Truth About Happiness by Theserenefae
If people ask you about your vision of a happier life we automatically envision ourselves having more money, true love, a better job, Instagram-worthy vacations, etc. But let me break this to you this, According to Dr. Laurie Santos, Professor of Psychology at Yale University and the voice behind The Happiness Lab podcast, "Most of the goals we think would make us happy do not really make us happy." And why is that? Simple, being happy is all in our minds. The human mind ploys us with these lenses on how we envision ourselves and our lives to be happy. The perception of "having" or "gaining" is the exact opposite of what will truly make our lives better. So how can we really be "happy"?
• Seek happiness inside you. This is a quintessential reason for our vision of happiness: misconceptions about having a lot of money would make me happy; owning this and that would make me happy; entering a relationship would make me happy. This is not the case, if you want to be truly happy with your relationship, you have to be already happy on your own. If you want satisfaction from others, you have to be satisfied with yourself. And so on.
• Fill that hole righteously We all have that tiny hole inside our hearts, tampering it with temporary band-aids. Fill this hole with purpose. Have you ever heard about The Three "M's"— Master, Mission, and Mate? Define who will be your Master, is it God? If that's so, your Mission could be following his words and will. Mate would be the last for they will be the best companion to fulfill your mission. Now hear me out, it is important to do this accordingly. We often times jumble it or invert it which can lead to failures.
• Give gifts to others. The wonderful grace in giving. There’s nothing like the rush of pure joy when you get a chance to give. However, this may not be something that we're used to. But apparently, openhandedness is our soul's true shape. As Eugene Peterson put it, "Giving is what we do best. It is the air into which we were born." This doesn't necessarily mean we have to give away our stuff but we can also present love, kindness, gratefulness, etc. in our own simplest ways to anyone such as giving time, encouragement, helping hand, or even forgiveness. Try giving and you'll receive inconceivable gifts in return.
• Savor moments. Savoring deeply intensifies our positive emotions while doing something that we love the most by simply stepping outside of the experience to review and appreciate the moment. You can practice this by having a delicious meal, reading a good book, or any activity that you enjoy and love. It can also be enhanced by sharing these experiences with others, appreciating such amazing moments, or staying present the entire time.
• Choose to Love Deeper Today's society relentlessly pressures all of us to have this "perfect" lifestyle such as pursuing careers that drain you, finding value through virtual world and purchases, letting achievements become your whole identity, and yet after all that you still feel empty and failure inside. Consumption is just skin deep—a shallow perception of happiness. Deep life brings the best out of us and others. It is about nourishing what you already have, focusing on the relationships than material wealth, becoming vulnerable at times, and being self-aware.
• Understand that Sufferings and Pain are part of Human Being. Always remember that loneliness and sufferings are inevitable. That is completely how life goes. You may be happy for a moment or a month but sooner or later great tribulation will start to kick in. Combat despair with graciousness. Count all the blessings that you have (and will have in near future, claim it!) by writing it down on a piece of paper or typing on your phone. Viola! an instant boost for happiness. We all know the fact that this superficial happiness won't work, but why do I keep on wanting? I already have all this wisdom about how to be happy for ages, but why can't I apply it to my own life?
First, you have to understand that simply knowing doesn't change your behavior. Care to realize that all the tips that I have mentioned are all verbs? Because at the end of the day, it is all about how you choose to be happy and initiate actions towards success. Know, reflect, visualize, believe, and do something about it. All of these are Actions! This is the secret of all the happiest and most influential people in the world—actions. Furthermore, do know that some of these tips do not work instantly most of the time. It requires a lot of time, motivation, consistency, and effort. I do know it's easier said than done. Take each of them slowly, one step at a time.
If it wasn’t for pain, I wouldn’t be alive. It may sound contradictory, but it’s true. Pain reminds me that I can feel, along with other emotions. Pain reminds me that I can heal, just like how I did in the past. Pain reminds me that I am strong and I can do better. It reminds me that life can be bitter, and it is up to us to make it a little sweeter (or saltier, depending on what the person wants).
With this epiphany, I take pain in a positive light. It’s normal that it can break me and make me want to stay in bed all day, but having someone or something remind me that there is hope is enough. It’s normal that I cry my heart out, but it’s important to remember that there’s a calm after the storm. If it wasn’t for pain, I wouldn’t be who I am now. It has shaped me and how I look at things. It has changed the way I approach circumstances that can challenge me and my beliefs.
Pain, back then, made me cower in the dark. Pain used to be my biggest fear, and I used to do my best to avoid pain. However, I realized that avoiding pain is like avoiding life. Because of how I wanted to protect myself, I closed myself off to people and opportunities. I used to tell myself that “this will end badly”, or “this is going to hurt in the end”. I always focused on how much pain I might endure in the end that I forgot to enjoy the process.
It’s inevitable, you see? Endings, most of the time, may hurt. It’s natural for us to grow attached to someone or something, and their disappearance might bring us a lot of pain. However, one should always remember that the pain is a reminder of how close you became, how many memories you had. If it wasn’t for pain, life would be pointless. If it wasn’t for pain, we would be nothing.
Cancelled vacations, parties, events, meetings and appointments might be the ingredients of someone’s anxiousness. I just recently published a blog titled ‘Ways to Lessen Anxiety During Quarantine’ I hope it could everyone to lessen their worries in these trying times. Here is the link: https://photographsbycess.wordpress.com/2020/07/05/ways-to-lessen-anxiety-during-quarantine/