Although we’re only four months into 2022, tons of different fashion aesthetics have already gone viral online. You’ve probably already seen dark academia, streetwear, and ‘90s grunge on your feed, though it seems like everyone’s been obsessed with the “soft girl” aesthetic lately. Characterized by pastel palettes, delicate fabrics, and pretty prints, this trend is basically the cutesy daughter of cottagecore and Y2K. It’s a bit of a tricky aesthetic to master, but we simply can’t resist an IG-worthy ‘fit that whisks us away to dreamland. If you agree with us, check out the style pegs below to help inspire your next fairytale-esque OOTD!
8 Dainty Pastel Outfits That Channel ~Soft Girl~ Vibes
1. For a look as sweet as candy, go for pastel pink co-ords and an oversized button-up. Super adorbs!
2. Argyle knit is a must for this style. According to Ashley Garcia, the piece looks best with plain white trousers and a matching headband.
3. Embrace your inner romantic with a smocked top that subtly bares your shoulders. Pair it with an embroidered floral skirt to really amp up the femininity.
4. We’re *dying* to get our hands on Aika Augustin’s ribbed powder pink slip dress. Don’t even get us started on those leopard-print platform heels!
5. Nothing says ~soft girl~ more than a poofy babydoll dress. To further bring out that whimsical feel, keep your hair and accessories simple.
6. You can also opt for a floral cami top in a baby blue shade. Wear it with high-waisted jeans and chunky sneakers for that kick of streetwear.
7. FYI, you can totally make an oversized graphic tee look girly. For instance, Bianca Gan elevates it with an elegant pearl necklace and a white tennis skirt.
8. Want to try print on print? Stick to subtle prints and subdued colors to avoid a busy, mismatched ensemble.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!