It can be tricky to take cute photos for the ‘gram, even more so when you’re a shy girl vacationing on the beach. We totally get the struggle—finding the right angles and thinking of IG-worthy poses don’t always come naturally! Fortunately, you can always draw some inspo from Gen Z social media stars like Sam Cruz. As expected from a certified island girl, Sam’s grid is brimming with swimsuit photos that you can easily recreate!
Check out some of her low-key, shy girl-friendly poses below:
1. Turn your back to the camera and look over your shoulder. Another tip: Look for a scenic background!
2. If standing poses are too awkward for you, stay seated and rest your hands on your lap. Tilt your head a little to the side as you gaze at the camera.
3. A side view photo is another low-key alternative! As Sam demonstrates, it’s also a great way to show off your beach OOTD.
4. For that casual cool-girl aura, ask your photographer to take a high-angle shot. Cross your ankles to add visual interest!
5. Not in the mood to flaunt your legs? Sit on your heels while taking a dip in the water.
6. You can also bring both legs to one side and look out into the water. Super chic!
7. Posing with a friend can boost your confidence. Plus points if you can wear matchy-matchy ‘fits!