Julia Barretto may be a huge star, (as of writing, she has 10.5 million followers on Instagram alone—no big deal), but her feed remains low-key and down to earth. Even her swimsuit photos—most recently from Boracay and Subic—are pretty laidback, and never particularly showy. The same vibe manifests in her OOTD photos, which are usually chill mirror selfies taken in front of her staircase.
For these reasons and more, girls who love an effortless, relatively candid feed should take some pose inspo from Julia. Need a nudge? Scroll on below!
11 Effortlessly Instagrammable Swimsuit Poses We're Copying from Julia Barretto:
1. Recline in your beach chair with a bucket hat strategically covering half of your face. Angle your legs comfortably and show off your killer bod.
2. This one's a classic. Lean back in the sand with one arm propping you up, and fold one leg inward to create flattering angles. If you're a shy type, pull out a reliable bucket hat once more!
3. Want to show off your assets but aren't ready for a closeup? Wade into thigh-high waters and pose with your back turned to the camera. Make sure to stand up straight with your shoulders rolled back.
4. Commemorate your dose of vitamin D and take a sunny smiling pic! Lightly grip the brim of your hat and turn your best side towards the camera.
5. For a simple yet sultry photo, lay on your stomach with your arms outstretched, and peep at the camera with a quarter of your face hidden. Plus points if you're wearing a backless maillot like Julia is in this photo.
6. Stand in a way that feels naturally to you, position one leg in front of the other, and lightly pinch your sunnies. The result: A classy pose that's somehow reminiscent of Hollywood starlets in the '50s.
7. Take advantage of artsy shadows and pose seated, with your arms raised and hands tousling your hair. Imagine that you're shaking all the bad vibes out of your mind—which is basically what peaceful beach trips are for!
8. Sit tall and twist your upper body towards the horizon. This pose will get you a lovely shot of your side profile. (It's a great pose for showing off your new hair cut, too!)
9. For this pose, no need to overthink. Sit straight, enjoy the beautiful view in front of you, and lay your hands flat. Think back to your yoga classes, or even meditation sessions.
10. Julia knows that a low-angle shot will always do you right. All you have to do is stand tall, station the camera at thigh-level, and snap away.
11. To capture the restful essence of your vacation, snap a photo in which you look like you're getting ready to relax all day. Lay on your side and prop your head up with one arm, and let your other hand hang off your hips. (Plus points if you have a fresh manicure!)
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Candymag.com editors.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!