Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, Emma Watson, and 4 More Best Dressed Celebs at the 2014 Golden Globes
The 71st Golden Globes has just kicked off awards season and we're here to show you the best part of it all—the fashion! Different hues of red was the favorite on the red carpet this year along with various black and white ensembles. Your favorite celebrities like Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, and Taylor Swift did not disappoint in truly elegant and super stylish looks! Scroll down to check out what they wore and the other young stars who dazzled their way to this year's best dressed list.
Emma Watson took a fashion risk in this red long top which had a slit in the front and was totally backless for that wow factor. Of course she paired this look with black trousers for an unexpected look on the red carpet and we love her even more for being bold yet still dressing her age. You go, Emma!
Taylor Swift went for a more classic ball gown in black and red. Her sweetheart and structured top paired with a more flowy bottom makes this gown extra glam and gorgeous on the singer! The minimal accessories definitely sealed the look.
This black and white ensemble of Jennifer Lawrence has got social media and the whole internet buzzing with numerous GIFs and memes, but in our book, this golden girl can do no wrong! We love how JLaw pulls off the dress with absolute confidence and we applaud her for choosing to sport a non-traditional silhouette, making her an all-around winner.
Bride-t0-be Emma Roberts looked every bit the glamorous girl in this black, mermaid gown. The statement earrings were all she needed to seal the deal for an awards show look that's worthy of the best dressed list. Her sleek updo and stacked rings keep this outfit looking oh-so trendy!
This soft pink gown was a good change from Sarah Hyland's signature looks. We're definitely digging the sleek silhoutte at the top and the drop-waist and flowy silhouette for the bottom. Sleek accessories and a crown braid make this whole ensemble super chic. Good job, Sarah!
Lupita Nyong'o was a vision in this red-cape dress! She did it justice by sporting simple earrings and rings and we just love the impact the entire silhouette of her dress made on the red carpet. With such a great look, we have a feeling we're going to see more of Lupita in stylish looks!
Moden Family's Ariel Winter looked every bit the pretty young Hollywood star in this deep red, one shoulder dress! Her glittered clutch and statement earrings perfectly complemented this look, giving her an A+ on red carpet styling.
What're you up to today? Submit your OOTD, fanfic, essay, school project, org event, a pic of your latest hobby, or anything you want to be posted on the Candy Bulletin page!
Why our high school barkada is the best?
Remembering our high school years entails quite a lot reminiscing of the things we all been through when we were younger. You’ve experience a lot of new things during those 4 wonderful years and did most of them with the few people you consider your barkada. And through a series of all the lunch breaks you had together, the walks you took on the way home, and taking the same classes, you never thought you’d survive, you have made your life’s greatest friends.
Here are some of the reasons why your high school barkada is the best:
1. You figured out early teenage life together. The transition one have undergone from being a kid to a teenager wasn’t easy. For a moment you are not sure whether you should have played with your friends during recess or you should have just sat down and ate your food because you were too old for games. But whatever it is you chose to do, having friends who were as clueless as you make everything feel easier because you know, deep down, you’d figure things out eventually. You just need good company.
2. They were with you during your “jeje“ days. I bet you have pictures taken with Camera360 and Retrica. You also have pictures edited using Pizap with embarrassing captions and you somehow kept some of them so you could have something to post online during their birthdays.
3. They know all your exes. They will never EVER forget the name of an ex-boyfriend, an ex-fling, an ex-crush, and an almost you had. They will remind you of your every questionable love decision but you’ll just laugh anyway while saying “Past is past”.
4. They never judge you. They have welcomed you to their lives when you thought jelly shoes and checkered polos were the bomb! They were quick to have told your teachers that you were not feeling well so you could go home when you really just needed to poop. You tell them every embarrassing story you have and were fine with it.
5. You can always count on them. From the moment you first fell in love and the moment you first had your heart broken, they were with you. They were with you the moment you lost a parent and at moments when you thought you had nothing. Through every break-up and breakthrough, they were there to be your support system.
6. They are your family. Your high school friend’s family is your own family’s extension. Their parents are like your own. Don’t you feel a little kilig whenever your friend’s parents call you “anak”? And then eventually calling them mama and papa became so natural? I felt that, all the time.
7. They will always be your home. They are your place of refuge and security, the place who offers you their hands when you feel lost and the place you run to when you need saving. No matter how much time and distance separate you, they will be the one’s that you always long for and they are the one’s that you will always return to.
You're gonna bend and break and then at some point in your life, you feel like you don't want to fall in love again.
Not because you're no longer capable of loving but because you're so afraid to get hurt again that you don't want to take a risk anymore. And you're gonna wake up one day and realize that you're not the same person as you were yesterday. The heart aches, heartbreaks, frustration, you'll see, those will transform your whole being into something better.
Honey, move forward. Let go off all the things that are not meant for you. Let go of all the people who hurt you and take you for granted. Don't be stuck feeling miserable.
And don't turn that love into hate when you resent someone for hurting you or for breaking your heart. Just wish them well and let them go. Welcome the possibility of a beautiful love that will come your way. You're worthy of love that you keep on giving to other people. Keep that in mind.
I wish you well and all the happiness. You deserve it.
Here we are — with rough hands entwined, damned hearts at peace, broken souls resting with ease —savoring each passing moment before we part ways...hoping things will turn out to be okay. Here we are — standing still, keeping our earnest desire and ardent passion for each other at bay — hoping the Universe will finally grant us of the day that we no longer have to pretend... that things will no longer have to end.
Here we are — with crooked smiles, lingering touch that will last for a while -- gathering all the remaining courage to set each other free. Wishing for the day that our hearts will no longer have to worry. Here we are letting each other go. Even though we both know that the future is uncertain. Even though we're unsure if our paths will cross once again.
My name is Vin Kolby Ty, I am 17 years old and I am 5'9 Feet tall, I live in Cebu City Philippines and I'm currently studying in a public school at Bulacao Community High School (BCHS) taking TVL track 'Bread and Pastry Production', I am also a freelance photographer based in Cebu City, I also love dancing and i even joined a dancing crew at our school and won our first dancing competition last November 2019 at an event of Titus Ph in Gaisano Grand Mall Cebu City. Being an Actor and a Model had always been my dream ever since i was a kid and I will try hard to achieve my dreams.
Hi, my sister sent me this link :)
I would like my vlog to be featured in Candy! I believe that if my vlog gets featured in Candy, I will be able to help more aspiring med students! I made this a Youtube vlog just like three weeks ago. So far, I have been receiving messages that they find my med school videos informative! My vlog focuses on med school tips :) So far, these are my content:
Check out the Med School Interview tips I have for UPCM, St. Luke’s, UERM, and ASMPH here: https://youtu.be/lnxqhIktcIM
Check out what’s in my Med Kit for ward works here: https://youtu.be/FbiyerNMkJ4
If you haven’t watched Hospital Playlist, let us tell you why you should watch it here: https://youtu.be/mDOcM-Jd1e8
Do you have any Med School Worries? Watch this! Candy Cutie Eljohn Yee might have answered it:
Wanna know more about UPCM Intarmed? Click here: https://youtu.be/XnKtPxQYIkg
Thank you! Hope we can both work together to inspire med students :)