From Greta Gerwig’s upcoming Barbie movie to the influx of bubblegum pink on red carpets, the Barbiecore aesthetic is the hottest fashion trend you need to try. Now that local Gen Z celebs have jumped on the bandwagon, the trend has probably taken over your Instagram feed already. And who are we to complain when it’s the perfect excuse to rock hot pink co-ords, neon itty-bitty bags, and other Barbie-approved stuff? Even if you prefer to stick to easy-breezy outfits, there are lots of fuss-free ways to pull off this trend!
Ahead, check out 10 easy, celeb-approved ways to try the Barbiecore aesthetic:
1. For that doll-like feel, pair a baby pink halter top with flared jeans and chunky heels. Add a cute white handbag to complete the ensemble!
2. If you’re not ready to commit to the trend, try incorporating some pops of pink into your outfit. For instance, Belle Mariano dons her cut-out white dress with a bubblegum pink purse.
3. Still obsessed with Cher Horowitz and Elle Woods? This iconic co-ords outfit from AC Bonifacio is practically made for you!
4. Don’t be afraid to mix pink with other pastel colors like blue and purple. Take it from Sam Cruz, who accentuates her pink dress with a cute patchwork jacket.
5. Angelina Cruz’s pink maxi dress is equal parts Barbie and island girl. We love how she dresses the piece down with neutral sandals and fine jewelry.
6. Yup, you can still look like a doll even when you’re on the beach. You’ll only need two things: A hot pink swimsuit and loads of confidence.
7. Pink doesn’t always have to look kitschy! For the working girls out there, wear a modest pink dress with your favorite pair of pumps on your next office day.
8. Of course, you can always go head-to-toe fuschia à la Kyline Alcantara. Perfect for morena skin tones, too!
9. A fun off-the-shoulder moment never hurt anyone! Similar to Maris Racal, you can style the top with a pretty pearl necklace that accentuates your collarbone.
10. Lorin Gutierrez’s cute OOTD brings a touch of Y2K to the Barbiecore trend. As she demonstrates, you can easily elevate a basic denim skirt with a printed cami and matching sneakers.