If you're required to wear a uniform to school, you may feel that your style options are scarce. Contrary to popular belief, though, it's still totally possible to look cute and express your individuality without breaking the dress code. There are tons of ways to ~zhoosh up~ your school uniform in an instant, from matching colorful accessories to layering various prints.
Need some fashion inspo? Below are some dress code-friendly yet stylish pegs that'll help you elevate your school uniform:
1. One easy way to style your uniform is to mix and match jewelry. Go all out with rings, necklaces, brooches, and other trinkets that can add personality!
2. Make the most out of chilly -ber months by layering different pieces over your uniform. A jacket is an easy choice for casual dressers, but you can also experiment with vests, blazers, and cardigans.
3. Every once in a while, swap out your usual black shoes for fun footwear. Just make sure to invest in a comfy pair (or comfy-ish for the tiis ganda girlies) that won't put you through hell as you're running to class.
4. Hot take: Headbands are *not* outdated. Invest in a few pretty ones for your weekly lineup, then look for scrunchies, barrettes, and hats while you're at it.
5. When in doubt, let your bag do all the talking. Any bag that expresses your personal style will have to do—no need to splurge on the latest arm candy!
6. As boring as they may seem, tights and socks can easily spice up your outfit. They're also a beginner-friendly way to inject some color into a bland uniform!
7. For those required to wear a tie to school, consider tying it in different ways for some variety. You can even use a scarf as a makeshift tie if your school will let you get away with it.
8. Don't neglect your hair and makeup! If you're not in the mood to play with clothes, swipe on a bold lippie and put your hair up for a change.