In recent years, we’ve witnessed child stars grow into fully-fledged fashionistas—Xyriel Manabat, Andrea Brillantes, and Alexa Ilacad, to name a few. But today, we put the spotlight on Mona Alawi, the *adorable* 17-year-old sister of actress Ivana Alawi. If you follow Mona on Instagram, you would’ve already noticed that this half-Moroccan beauty knows a thing or two about casual dressing. Chic yet laid-back, her OOTDs make the best style pegs for girls who prefer to keep things low-key.
Need proof? Here’s a roundup of eight cute and casual outfits we’re totally copying from Mona:
1. No matter your style, a pair of light-washed ripped jeans should always have a place in your closet. Mona wears hers with a bright baby tee and black sunglasses for an effortlessly cool look.
2. Who says sandals and socks can’t be worn together? Mona demonstrates that the combo isn’t a faux pas at all, but rather a fashion statement that showcases your personal style.
3. Mona’s tip for wearing pastels: Opt for a monochromatic outfit and bare the slightest sliver of skin along your torso. Cute and simple!
4. Next time you go for a picnic, take a page from Mona’s book and style a neutral dress with block heels. It’s the ultimate boho chic getup with a little twist of romance.
5. A sheer printed tee may overwhelm many at first, but Mona balances out the top with a simple tan skirt. Bonus points for that Louis Vuitton purse!
6. Add some spice to an all-white outfit by playing with different textures. For instance, Mona elevates a basic white cami by pairing it with tweed shorts.
7. À la Serena Van Der Woodsen, Mona hits the road sporting a leather jacket and sleek riding boots. This may be a bit much for our country’s weather, but take note for your next trip abroad!
8. On extra lazy days, find an oversized knit sweater that doubles as a blanket. Like Mona, dress up the ultra-comfy piece with chunky white sneakers for that kick of streetwear.
Candy is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Candy and your favorite websites!