Contrary to popular belief, pre-teens can be stylish too. Don’t believe us? One quick scroll through Kendra Kramer’s Instagram feed will make you think otherwise. Despite being only 12 years old, this up-and-coming trendsetter isn’t afraid to experiment with statement pieces like structured blazers, chunky boots, and animal print bags. But to keep her style effortless and age-appropriate, she typically wears them in neutral hues that balance out the drama.
Since everyone deserves to pick up some tips from this budding fashionista, we’ve rounded up eight of her most chic neutral outfits below:
1. As Kendra demonstrates, a printed jacket can easily perk up a monochromatic outfit. Super effortless and pretty!
2. Kendra’s also a big fan of modest pieces, like this peach button-down dress. She even plays up the ruffled bottom with a box bag and some frilly socks.
3. Kendra looks all grown up in this coppery jumpsuit! To elevate the staple, she pairs it with clear block heels that elongate her petite frame.
4. If you can’t even bother with color, just go for an all-black getup. This low-key grunge look from Kendra is an easy place to start.
5. Who doesn’t love a black-and-white ‘fit? Apart from looking elegant, it’s also a beginner-friendly combo that goes well with nearly everything.
6. A padded blazer is a tricky piece to pull off, but Kendra softens the number with a white turtleneck top. BTW, those white combat boots are to die for!
7. As Kendra demonstrates, a pleated tennis skirt looks extra cute with high-cut sneakers. She caps off the cutesy look with an animal print bag and a cropped sweater.
8. Kendra’s tip for print on print: Stick to an earth-toned color palette to prevent a visually busy ensemble. Super easy and sophisticated!